Transfill Hose Leak/Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have an industrial hose supplier/hydraulics place nearby, you might be able to have them just chop off the old fitting and crimp on a new one. I've been told it's only a few dollars to do so, but I have yet to try it out myself. The place near me said they could do it, but wouldn't give me a price without seeing it, and I just haven't been motivated to make the drive to find out.

First up unscrew the fitting there may well be a groove and oring
in the face of the male fitting then clean up the untidy taping job
if the tape is needed at all, unless maybe fitting is metal to metal

It maybe that particles of the teflon tape that shouldn't be there is actually caught up in the compression fitting. Have you attempted to take it apart and clean it and put it together. Don't tape it when you put it back together.

Does it swivel like a HP gauge on your reg set, at that exact point you are showing?

From the picture it kinda looks like JIC, but then it will not swivel, unless its loose,

If not it could possibly be, a crimp fitting with a live swivel NPT Male end,
Then you will need a new hose or crimp on a new end,

I am taking the hose to an industrial shop who told me on the phone today that they will make it for me as I wait. I think it's a JIC as there is no swivel.

I am taking the hose to an industrial shop who told me on the phone today that they will make it for me as I wait. I think it's a JIC as there is no swivel.
If its JIC there should NOT be teflon tape on there. And it probably just needs to be cleaned up and retightened

Appreciate everyone's input.

Sigh,,

Look closely how a JIC fitting seals,
The Male and female tapered cone, does the sealing,,,,,
its steel cone against steel cone,
There is no oring, tape, or anything else to make the seal, its purely steel on steel,
The threads are for holding it together,
No amount of tape will help,

Next lesson is how to install teflon tape to NPT threads,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom