Tranquility Bay Resort on Ambergris Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matzomoto

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All.
Has anyone ever gone to Tranquility Bay Resort? I heard that it's pretty far up north, but, the lack of other things makes for amazing diving. Is this true? Anyone gone diving up on that side of the Caye?

Wanting to go early December.

I have been there 4 times. The diving is great. There is a cut right outsie the resort so access outside the reef is really easy. There are some great dive sites at the north end of the island and you never have to worry about large groups. Trips to Hol Chan are easily available and take about 25 minutes to get there. I guess if i had to rate the sites I'd pick Turniff as #1 but a little pricey from TB, Hol Chan as #2, The area just outside Basil Jones cut as #3, Punta Azul as #4, and Polmaros as #5. Awesome snorkling just off the beach at TB. Something you can do everyday with no effort. Its a very short swim to the reef and the sites are amazing. Have not been there since the new managers took over but from what I have read it looks like there are doing a great job. Sent me a PM if you want more info. Like I said I've been there 4 times and it's my fovorite place to vacation.

There is some wonderful and spectacular diving in the 80'-100' range a little south of TB.

Dove Today with our new Dive Masters! Simply Awesome! Maxwell is a PADI Instructor and Martin is a DM as well as an expert Fly Fisherman! Today we saw a nice loggerhead turtle but the highlight was that we ascended to a Pod of Dolphins swimming around the boat! How cool is that!

Carlos

Thanks for all the comments. I'm booked for December! Can't wait to dive at TBR!

Make sure you file a report when you get back. I'm sure you will have a great time.

As promised, a quick review of Tranquility Bay Resort, from a diver's perspective:
Stunning! Quick boat trips to Baclar Chica fish preserve. The coral is in great shape! Amazing canyons, great vis! Would go back in a heartbeat.

The resort was awesome, great food, super comfy beds. Carlos and Isabelle are committed to making sure every guest has a great time.

I think the thing that really sets this place apart from other "diver's resorts" is the fact that there is tons to do for people that are not divers.

Go. Enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom