Training & Clubs in the Charlotte Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bean_Counter67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for a little bit of help and insight from the NC group. My brother lives about 30 minutes south of Charlotte and is thinking about taking up diving. He is just in the toying phase / research process. Does anyone have any recommendations of LDS in that area? Or should he push to the coast and be certified by an LDS in one of the coastal locations?

Do any of the LDS in the Charlotte area put on a free Discover scuba session? I know some times a few LDS in the Boston area will do that just to draw potential new divers in.

Is there any dive clubs to the Charlotte area in which he might be able to make a connection?

Truthfully, I could kick his tail. He just was up here in Massachusetts for 2 weeks and didn’t say squat about this. I could have lined something up to see if it really was something he would like.

Any insight into the NC diving community that I can pass onto my brother would be appreciated. I will get him on this board as soon as possible. Thanks for your help.

There is a strong diving community in Charlotte, but I can't name any shops. I would recommend getting trained (at least for OW) close to home and then venture to the coast after getting some good freshwater practice dives. Pose this question on www.ncdivers.com and you will get a little more feedback.

this is my recommendation:
Sink or Swim Scuba
4310-K Wilkinson Blvd
Gastonia, NC 28056
Phone: (704) 823-0501

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom