Trainers are invaluable!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GreenDiverDown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Since starting with my trainer last December, my life has changed. I feel GREAT. I have more energy, strength, flexibility and stamina than I've had in the past ten years.

Today was a measurement day and... it was a good day. I am holding my weight at 172. Waist is down to 34 and hips 36. Calves 14. Mini-guns the same as calves. I have bumped my thighs up 2 inches to 23 and chest is back up to 40 after an initial 2 inch loss. Percent body fat has dropped from 17% to 12%! Next stop 10. I haven't measured my VO2 max yet but I feel that my anaerobic threshold has increased significantly.

I just feel GREAT and I just wanted to thank my trainer, Shawna. I have put this in her hands... I simply do what she tells me to do. I wouldn't have had any idea how to do this on my own. I hope that I will look at this thread a year from now and laugh at these numbers. Thanks again, Shawna.

Now... back to work.

Expensive?

I'm jealous. I am the type that loves this stuff if I have the "company".

Does she have a name for her "program?"

way to go...it's amazing how this level of fitness spills benefits in to other areas of your life.

My abs are so sore from doing the "Marine supervised" mini-program that I can barely sit up at the moment. It's the "one more for Chesty" that kills me.

My little chubby kid had a great experience with a trainer as well. He goes almost everyday and looks fantastic, his life has changed.

catherine96821:
Expensive?

Uh... ya! $1800 a quarter. PLUS... a small fortune in supplements, shakes, meals, etc. And then you have some extras like a new computer for my bike, yoga mats and belts, shoes... don't forget the shoes... cross trainers, running, biking... it doesn't seem to stop. But it's worth every penny.

catherine96821:
I'm jealous. I am the type that loves this stuff if I have the "company".

Does she have a name for her "program?"

No. She's just good. She is an active competitive body builder and she knows her stuff.

Edit: I don't recall just exactly what her fees is... But I think that was it.

I like my personal trainer Michael Thurman. :D

it really is insane how well a program works when you actually know what youre doing or work with someone who does. i have always been an athlete, baseball and football in high school, and have always lifted weights and exercised in order to perform, yet when i graduated high school i still, at 6'1, weighed 255 and wore 38-40 pants. im now in my 4th year of college with a degreen in athletic training and strength and conditioning. just by learining what is really going on when im exercising, i have been able to change my program to get the results i want. i now stay right at 205 or 210, wear 34 pants, 44 chest etc. my vo2 max is through the roof compared to what it used to be. best part about it is the more lean mass i gain the less weight i have to put in my bc! im down to 4lb salt water and nothing in freshwater!

We just got Garmin computers, what did you get?

Do you monitor HR or use some of the more complicated interval programs? We rode this morning and then went and looked at trainers and "rollers", not sure what I want yet.

Paying the trainer by the quarter would be the way to do it---just bite the bullet I guess.

My son's trainer actually brainwashed him about nutrition, I am very thankful.

I bought a Vetta. It does heart rate, cadence and a bunch of other stuff. I use the heart rate mostly.

I agree - i bought hubby a 10 session pack for a PT and he didnt want to go but i forced him to...... and that was about 3 years ago

i often drop hints about him joining a normal gym and giving the trainer the flick but he says no.

costs us about $450 per month (2 sessions per week)

way to go Stephen!!

So... now I've started boxing. That's FUN. But, man, it's a killer workout... worse than Leg Day!

Back
Top Bottom