Tragic car accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this is inappropriate or unrelated but... http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-feb2707-car_plunge.b5d3ea.html

According to the television report, one of the dive teams was relatively new. What a tragic beginning for a new team. TV report also mentioned the water being 38 degrees and the first two divers may not have been equiped for that cold of temps.

Hopefully the teams can remember they gave three of the kids a chance. Something they wouldn't have otherwise gotten.

My condolences go out to the families and the teams who gave it their best shot.

That's awful! My heartfelt condolences go out to their families and friends, and to the dive teams. :(

This is getting close to home. It’s on the other end of the state but we only have about 20% of the population of Los Angeles.

Prayers to all involved.

Gary D.

That sucks...

It struck me strange that a 15 year old could be driving without adult supervision. Are the laws different down there?

Just watched the CNN video on this and was about to post. What a horrible situation for everyone including the dive team. The report said it took 2 hours to get the kids out of the car. Would this be a result of a small team covering such a wide area?

Scuba-Jay:
Just watched the CNN video on this and was about to post. What a horrible situation for everyone including the dive team. The report said it took 2 hours to get the kids out of the car. Would this be a result of a small team covering such a wide area?
"

No. My understanding based on local news releases is the team was on site quickly but had to wait before going into the water. I heard they weren't equiped with the resources needed due to the 38 degree water temps etc. Exactly what those resources were I'll post when I know for sure.

In Idaho 15 year olds can drive after taking drivers education. There are some but not many restrictions. Ironically the same day our legislature passed a bill restricting 15 year olds to only 1 passenger under the age of 17 for a given length of time. I don't know the details. (I got my license here on my 14th birthday back in the olden days. You could also drive at 12 back then if it was farm/ranch related.

As I have more actual facts I'll update this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom