Traffic violation courtesy ticket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Act like you don't speak spanish and are too dumb to know a bribe is expected. After awhile they let you go.

This works wonders.

In fact, I've found mildly demented works wonders in any language. The enthusiastically friendly crazy person isn't fun to extort. (Think teaching air to an oversized puppy)

...just don't appear intoxicated... Mentally slow and happy to talk... Wears em right down! (Got me out of a few sketchy situations with armed threats)

Cheers,
Cameron

This works wonders.

In fact, I've found mildly demented works wonders in any language. The enthusiastically friendly crazy person isn't fun to extort. (Think teaching air to an oversized puppy)

...just don't appear intoxicated... Mentally slow and happy to talk... Wears em right down! (Got me out of a few sketchy situations with armed threats)

Cheers,
Cameron
I tried speaking spanish and not speaking spanish. No spanish is quicker. If you speak spanish they think their threats may scare you. No chance of that if you don't understand.

I tried speaking spanish and not speaking spanish. No spanish is quicker. If you speak spanish they think their threats may scare you. No chance of that if you don't understand.

Thanks for the researcher! (The mother of all invention). I'll adopt that, I like quicker.

Thanks for the researcher! (The mother of all invention). I'll adopt that, I like quicker.
My experience has been they want to get hold of something important of yours, c-card, credit card, drivers licence. They don't care what it is and they are not going to call it in. Then the extortion starts. Less communication the better. But you need to act friendly and all.

I personally don't drive anything in Mexico with my U.S. driver's license on me as I leave all means of identification and credit cards in the safe at my accommodations. I figure if it ever hits the fan and it is a problem we'll all go back to my accommodations to get my license and we'll figure it all out there. With all that hassle there are probably other tourist fish to fry as I have nothing on me other than a few pesos. What cop wants to deal with all that?

I know this borders on cra-cra, but if you follow the speed limits and obey the laws, you probably won't be pulled over. Insane, right??? I've been driving through Puerto Penasco, Cozumel, Tulum as well as other locales and have never been pulled over. Maybe a month of driving down there, I would estimate. Hey, you're already in paradise, so what's the rush?

I know this borders on cra-cra, but if you follow the speed limits and obey the laws, you probably won't be pulled over. Insane, right??? I've been driving through Puerto Penasco, Cozumel, Tulum as well as other locales and have never been pulled over. Maybe a month of driving down there, I would estimate. Hey, you're already in paradise, so what's the rush?
Good luck with that. It doesn't have much to do with speeding, and everything to do with money. I drove down there a month just this year. I have been with a friend from down there when he was pulled over and he claimed he got off without the bribe only because they were not quite sure why I was with him.

I'll have the usual dash cam mounted in my rental car and I'll throw my Sony action cam on my cap if I'm getting pulled over. It hasn't happened so far, but it's good to be prepared.

The last thing on earth these guys want is to be recorded on multiple cameras while trying to land a mordida.

Good luck with that. It doesn't have much to do with speeding, and everything to do with money. I drove down there a month just this year. I have been with a friend from down there when he was pulled over and he claimed he got off without the bribe only because they were not quite sure why I was with him.

Good luck with that is right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom