Lockdown Impacts / Implications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, since my last 2 PCR (not antigen) tests were negative, and I am now vaccinated and carrying the antibodies, I don't think I have much to worry about.
I have already pre-arranged my departure PCR test for re-entry into the USA. I am not doing antigen testing.

Oh, gotcha. So you are going PCR for the greater accuracy and reducing the chance of a false positive? Maybe the chances of a post infection positive are misplaced?

I wasn't thinking of you actually getting it. You should be in great shape there!

Oh, gotcha. So you are going PCR for the greater accuracy and reducing the chance of a false positive? Maybe the chances of a post infection positive are misplaced?

I wasn't thinking of you actually getting it. You should be in great shape there!
I am getting the PCR test. My doc advised me to do PCR testing as opposed to antigen for greater accuracy.

I am getting the PCR test. My doc advised me to do PCR testing as opposed to antigen for greater accuracy.

You could do the cheaper antigen test then opt for the PCR if you get a false positive. I had covid in January (symptomatic, tested positive) and tested negative on the antigen in early April. Getting another one tomorrow morning, we'll see.

I noticed that when I had a light case of covid in January my wife and other household members did not contract it. Several of my coworkers who had light cases also did not pass it on to their spouses.

You should see if the newer T-cell test is available. Launched by biotech company Adaptive, in collaboration with Microsoft, the "T-Detect" COVID-19 test looks for the unique signals of the virus through T-cells, which can "remember" prior infections. T cell immunity is likely more comprehensive than the current devices and vaccines which only target the Spike "S" protein. If the T cell test is positive I would not recommend getting any of the current therapies, especially the mRNA variants.

Launched by biotech company Adaptive, in collaboration with Microsoft, the "T-Detect" COVID-19 test

This is fine, until you get the T-Detect Update which puts a weather and news ticker you didn't ask for in the bottom right corner of your vision and can be difficult for some to get rid of.

In all seriousness, I appreciate the info shared in this thread so far. I've been looking at a return to Cozumel after several years away, and even though I'm fully vaccinated I am concerned about the state of the island and potential lockdown issues. The safety of residents is paramount and far more important than any vacation, but at the same time people like me might be hesitant to book a trip when things are still uncertain. And if people stay away, the island hurts in a different way. Please keep the information coming! It is very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom