Unknown Tourist dead, Dive Master Ill - Ambergris Caye, Belize

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, a 5ppm cutoff is more reasonable than zero. The +2ppm sensor variance makes zero an unreasonable goat. Of course, the unit might read 10ppm for 12ppm, so one wouldn't want to be too liberal. I rejected a tank a couple of years ago for 10 and they had to send another tank out from town, but I should have tested twice as I might have allowed some motor fumes in the bag. Skill counts.

We certainly don't want to be diving any 200ppm tanks, and those do happen. They just don't get caught often.
When using a tank flow rate limiter and a connecting hose there is very little room for operator error. As long as your sensor is calibrated and has sufficient resolution, you will get a good reading from the tank with no ambient contamination.

The advantage of the Divesoft Pro Flow Limiter is it has a very low flow (~1/10th that of other limiters). I don't feel like I "waste" any gas doing analysis. That said, their analyzer expects that. I don't know if other analyzers (CO or otherwise) can be accurate with such low flow.

I can also recommend the Divesoft flow limiter that goes into an LP port, which gives me identical results to the Professional flow limiter, while being much cheaper. I tried it with the Forensics Detector CO monitor linked further up the thread earlier today, and it seems to work well (although I don’t have a scuba tank with contaminated gas to really try it with…)

Since I am relatively new to this board - is it common for members to promote their own content, on a site that requires a paid subscription to view?
Paid subscription? What paid subscription?

Since I am relatively new to this board - is it common for members to promote their own content, on a site that requires a paid subscription to view?
No it's not. I don't know if John Bantin is associated with Undercurrent, but it is a respected source of information. Some here subscribe to it. I tried using 12 ft ladder to read beyond the paywall but could not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom