Totally addicted after 6 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:(

I really hope it heals soon.

Another question - why did it take you so long to actually learn to scuba dive, if you became interested in it all those years ago after "Sea Hunt"? :p

and yes.... I know.......

Easy answer: Life

Truth is, growing up, marriage, kids, making a living...you know...the usual.

If not for a cruise we have planned for this fall, I might never have done anything about scuba. The itinerary has us in Cozumel for a very long day, so I started reading up. It didn't take long to find that Cozumel is synonymous with diving. All the trip reports and stories re-kindled a very old passion.

So, here I am.

Jimbo

for taking the plunge, so to speak. You won't regret it.

My only regret starting now at the ripe old age of 32 (haha) is that I didn't do it before - I've missed out on years and YEARS of diving experience! Especially being born and raised in Thailand and having spent the last 3 years in Bali. I was either too chicken (deep water phobia) or too broke to get it together prior to this year. Hmmmm, I've just realised my life path might have been completely different had I started diving earlier....oh well, that's another story. I'm just so happy to have this addiction now - it's something worth getting excited about.

Whoops, I'm rambling... so I'll stop!

So whereabouts do you dive in Texas - I imagine there must be some beautiful spots round there. Cozumel... I'd never heard of it till I signed up with this site and now the name just keeps popping up everywhere! One day I will get to dive in the US.

Had vivid diving dreams last night... *sigh*
:)

yes but is scuba a phyiscal addection or a psychological addection? i can just see DARE and the gov start lying about n2 addection like they did about marijuana.

Mirage - that's not even funny! Although, being in Thailand it would take a lot longer for the government to catch on which is a bonus :p

Off to the big blue tomorrow - my cravings got too much so I decided to go for a 'quickie' on Saturday.

Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

ker

on one note I meant it funny cause how warped the idea is but on the other side it's scarey cause the usa gov is known to do stuff like that and blatenly lieing about drugs or certain activities.

*scene*

dea agent- say there scuba steve

diver- my name is not scuba steve please dont belittle me

dea agent- yea anyways how deep were you how long were you under, you know N2 is illegal after a certian amount, you got sumpin to tell me

diver- YEA GET A LIFE

Mirage, nice story... personal experience? LOL

Beleive it or not a California Fish and Game Officer has patted me down for Lobster poaching upon exiting treacherous 6 foot surf at Boomer's Beach one November night not too long ago.

When he asked whether he could search me, I said sure... I thought the guy was kidding! Imagine my surprise when he actually did it... he even looked in my BC pockets!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

in a round about way yes, i was questioned about being narced/drunk/stoned u/w once by a cop. i was like narced hardcore at 160ish and just enjoyin the narcosis, i was popping off air rings at that depth(ive done it while non narced) and just having fun. anyways this cop diver on his 8th dive was at 90 watching me and when i got out he was like questioning me like i broke the law. i waslike tryin not to laugh but then the cop crossed the line and was tryin to arrest me for being intoxicated u/w. i merely reminded him of narcosis and he was like just being think headed, so i kinda got pissy and was like yea well what lets see you were cert last weekend and your tellin me how deep i can dive now, since when is there a depth law. the cop was still being a jerk and it turns out he was a DARE cop and had the mentality any alteration of the mind is bad. this lead to a whole drug debate im a former drug addection cousanlor so i was shooting down his dare lies.

whats funy is this lasted all day and at teh camp fire i blurted out gee i guess n2 is a schdl 1 drug now damn im a addict yes i admit it i steal and kill for my n2 hits, hell this 1 time i ever alone for the n2 hits. needless to say the cop dint find it funny and it resulted in him lookinginto the law to see if narcosis can be used to arrest someone.

Good Lord! Sounds like that guy DEFINITELY needs to get a life. Hasn't he got anything better to do? Like ENJOY being underwater, rather than attempting to police someone who knows what they're doing? Sorry to say, that could only happen in America!

Mario - I would LOVE to see someone stick a live lobster down their wetsuit, BCD or in the BCD pocket (???) - go figure. On the other hand, I guess people do do it, right?

Back
Top Bottom