Totally addicted after 6 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there Keralucu,
The problem with your sister could be a number of things and you would need to provide more info to isolate it.It could be a land based infection or a dive related one.
I would advise that you place your question in the medical section of this board for the dive doctors to answer.They will probably ask you to clarify certain points but they are quite intelligent dudes and from the replies that I've read they will be more than able to help you.
Just don't dive until you have medical clearance because with blocked sinuses at depth and pressure could cause reverse sinal problems or even burst ear drums.
Stay smart,stay safe,stay in the water. Great to have you on the boards.I hope to dive in Thailand next year but am off to Korea to instruct for 3 months in 2 weeks.
It's a great addiction.Take all the fixes you need.
Chow from the Gasman

Cheers, Gasman

It was a while ago, that EAR problem of my sister's (what is it with us and ears?!) and she was fully recovered by the time we went on our next trip. NO problems since either. We reckon that it might have occurred from over-equalising which we both did the first few times.

We've both become a lot more proficient at equalising now... I find the Valsalva is easiest for me. Aaaanyway, you're quite right - I should have posted my medical question in the medical pages... No wonder no-one ever answered the question! Ta for doing so.

Have a great time in Korea - is the diving good there, and whereabouts do you dive? Let me know if you're coming my way next year.... I'm arranging a liveaboard trip to Similan in Feb - we've chartered the whole boat for 18 of us.

Whereabouts in NZ are you? I've got cousins in Auckland and nearly emigrated there 25 years ago... I could have been a Kiwi!

see yez...

Greeting Keralucu,
Have you been over here? If not you should come and dive the Poor Knights islands.They are in my back yard.I live in a small city of 40,000 people called Whangarei and it is 2 hours drive north of Auckland and an hour south of the Bay of islands.I am 2 hours away from where the Greenpeace ship,the Rainbow Warrior was sunk as an artificial reef.
Awesome diving here.We have a season when the local stingrays congregate around the Poor Knights and you can swim around hundreds of them at a time.It's mind-blowing and they come up to you for a look and mouth your hair for a taste.Cool Bananas!!!!
As to Korea,I have never been there but have checked out some sites on the web.It's all a new experience and place.
I lived in Auckland for 3&1/2 yrs.Where does your family live? I may know the area or street quite well.
Where I am I can go 45mins to 1 hour in any direction and be at a white sandy surf beach.Great beach or boat diving.
N.Z.has one of the highest ratio of divers per population in the world so everything is so accessable.
Well that'll do for now.
Question: Why do we have ears?
Answer: To hold up our sunglasses.LOL
The Gasman

Gasman...

I should have moved to Kiwi-land....

My cousins have a cattle farm somewhere on the beach. I can't remember the name of the area - last time I was in NZ I was about 10 years old.... yikes, that's 23 yrs ago! I'll find out from my old folks and let you know. I love NZ - beautiful country. I've been all over the place I guess, just can't remember exactly where - Christchurch, Wellington, Queenstown (?), Rotorua (of course.... several times, you know how kids love bubbling mud!)

My parents went back for a visit a few years ago - after seeing the photos, it made me long to get back there too. Maybe someday soon.... Would love to dive Poor Knights - seems to be your spot. Someday....

I thought we had ears so we could keep our hair out of our faces.... (in my case anyway!! :p)

Cheers, Ears (haven't said that yet today....)

Addiction... that's one thing we all share around here. Now take it from someone whom does a couple of hundred dives a year... for years... the addiction just gets worse!

Just keep your gills wet and all else will be fine!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

I can totally understand that diving more doesn't ease the cravings...

I haven't been in the water for 3 weeks with another 4 to go till the next one and I am in PAIN!

....constantly craving the blue.....
:(

Alison,

I haven't even made it through my OW Cert yet and I know what you mean. Just waiting for an injured hand to heal before I can get back to it is driving me nuts.

I came across this website dedicated to the show that first got me interested in diving many years ago..."Sea Hunt". You may not be old enough to have ever heard of it..but I still think you might appreciate a little history. Click on the closing monologue and hear a great theme song.

Hope you like it.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo.... yes, it was a little before my time, but not THAT much! I have seen some reruns I think...

What happened to your hand? HOpe it gets better soon so you can get into the water for real... Best of luck with completing your OW - I'm planning on doing my AOW in July - can't wait!

Cheers
:)

Dumb accident.

I gouged a chunk of flesh out of my palm, had to have surgery Friday to skin graft. Hopefully, I will be released to finish my training within a couple of weeks. In the meantime I have to make do with virtual diving and reading all the trip reports I can find.

You know.

Jimbo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom