Top Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd say if the OP could get about that many dives done in conditions similar to Galapagos she'd be fine

What is the difference between Galapagos and conditions similar to Galapagos?

I am in the process of looking for either a new 7mm wetsuit or a semi-dry wetsuit. I am a 125 pound woman and I get really cold. I have an oneil 7mm that I wear with a 3mm vested hoodie in hawaii. The temp in Hawaii ranges but I was just there and dove in 70 degree weather and was sort of cold on some dives. I am going on a 7 day liveaboard boat in the galapagos this summer and want to make sure I am well prepared for the cold water conditions (60-74 degrees) and multiple dives. Can you recommend any wetsuits, gloves and booties for me? I dont care about the price I just want the top of the line and the warmest! How are the atomic split fins(open heel)? Thanks! Any dive experience storys in the galapagos would be appreciated as well! :D

I know you said "I don't care about the price", everyone cares about the price! Since price does not always equate to quality and if I could spend your money,...

I am +ONE on the Waterproof line of suits available! They make a quality suit, that is reasonable in price (to me) and they have that super hero feel :) Just fit, and really comfy!
The seals are great on the Waterproof wet suit I dive! If I take my time and lay the seals correctley the water flush very limited, sometimes to a fault:wink:. They also have a nice line of Semi Dry suits!

The Waterproof hooded vest I have is also great quality and affordable in comparison to others I have looked at and worn!-out

I have owned an O-Neil, which I think is another quality suit!

On another note, a dry suit is just that, dry which DOES equate to WARM! Training is recomended,at least for a couple of orientation dives with someone experienced. Of course this is all my opinion, and we all know about opinion.

See you topside ! John

What is the difference between Galapagos and conditions similar to Galapagos?

Location? (Is this a trick question?)

Point is, do you want the first time you dive a drysuit in a current to also be the first time you dive it in surge, which happens to be the first day you needed to do a hot-drop entry wearing a drysuit, on the same day you first need to do a free ascent in open water in a dry-suit, etc, etc, etc...

You can't - and shouldn't - experience all those things all at once, but you could get comfortable with half of them locally so you're reducing the impact of incorporating a NEW SKILL in a NEW ENVIRONMENT with NEW GEAR all at once.

I agree with you all the I should have experience diving a dry suit if I choose to get one for the galapagos this july. Honestly, I do not think I have enough time to learn how to use a dry suit in that amount of time sufficient enough to feel 100% confident with my diving abilities for such harsh diving conditions in the galapagos. I think I'd rather go with a semi-dry or a 7mm. Any more suggestions before I go? Any other gear I should get?

Custom suit made using Rubatex 231. N

I am in the process of looking for either a new 7mm wetsuit or a semi-dry wetsuit. I am a 125 pound woman and I get really cold. I have an oneil 7mm that I wear with a 3mm vested hoodie in hawaii. The temp in Hawaii ranges but I was just there and dove in 70 degree weather and was sort of cold on some dives. I am going on a 7 day liveaboard boat in the galapagos this summer and want to make sure I am well prepared for the cold water conditions (60-74 degrees) and multiple dives. Can you recommend any wetsuits, gloves and booties for me? I dont care about the price I just want the top of the line and the warmest! How are the atomic split fins(open heel)? Thanks! Any dive experience storys in the galapagos would be appreciated as well! :D

Check out the Pinnacle Kodiak Kodiak - Wetsuits - Zeagle Dive Systems It is a 8mm/6mm Merino lined semi-dry wetsuit and is probably the warmest wetsuit that you will find. It has an internal gauntlet that you put your head through before you put your head through the neck opening. It provides a seal against the zipper and helps reduce water intrusion. it is a great wetsuit. It should keep you happy in the Galapagos.
Be sure to add the Merino Barracuda 7mm boot and the Merino Attack 6mm glove and you will be nice and toasty. Have a great dive vacation.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom