Top 10 wreck dives in the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uhh *cough* Salem Express *cough*

DSC00978.JPG

All subjective but if you can't see more than 10ft and the water is very cold its not going to be on my list of great wrecks...

1. Salem Express

2. Vandenberg (this video is kinda nutty...)

3. Mighty O

4. Thistlegorm

5. Elviscott

many of the other Florida, Carib, and Maltian wrecks look great too...

Guiding a trip to the Bianca C in October... nice to see it on one list. Lots of stuff to debate

Still hoping to get permission from my wife to join you on that trip, Steve. Bianca C is definitely on my bucket list.

Maybe something the rest of us can dive? Empress?

Good diving, Craig

OK, easy, accessible, but fun. I've dove quite a few wrecks but for shear fun I like the Corridor (multiple wreck dive- all in one dive) at West Palm (Mizpah, PC 1170, Amaryllis, and china barge). The mizpah is a fun easy penetration with goliath grouper, occasional eagle rays seen, glassy sweepers inside and an albino frogfish nearby. The Amaryllis has it's morays , turtles, neat small stuff and at the end in the rubble, seeing a shark is not unheard of.

The two dive-able and most significantly historic WWII capital shipwrecks sunk-in-action are the HMS Repulse Battlecruiser and HMS Prince of Wales Battleship:

YouTube - ‪Force Z The Battle‬‏
YouTube - ‪Preview of The Sea Hunters - Force Z‬‏

Definitely the top ones on a list of ten best technical diving wrecks. . .
These two wrecks are certainly good to dive at. But I found PoW just a little bit too deep(60m+) to have any meaningful bottom time. A scooter would be very useful on these two wrecks. CCR is another option.
I also enjoy diving IJN Haguro, sank on the last sea battle of WW II.
You really need a knowledgeable captain to dive these wrecks and Empress is definitely the ONLY one.

Can anyone tell me what a "Donald Duck" wreck is? I googled it, because it occurs repeatedly on a Norweigian Dive site and this thread came up.

BTW, is the definition of "Top Ten" the ten best or the ten most dived? I would also throw in a mention for Tobermory and Great Lakes wooden wrecks in general.

Back
Top Bottom