Top 10 reasons I prefer the “old” Scubaboard.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geez... I just logged on after three weeks away in the Sea of Cortez and thought I was on an alien planet. Maybe it is just jet lag.This format is going to take a while to get used to. I agree with Walter... the old format was much better but I'll give this one time for me to adjust to it.

Dr. Bill

I know I'm repeating myself but understand nothing is set in stone. Users like Walter (and others) have given us a LOT of great feedback and we will be making changes so if you have a comment, good or bad, let us know.

I have some feedback, PLEASE get rid of this stupid REPUTATION thing...

Thats all!!!

Oh, and please do NOT bring back the MACAWS... They dont dive...

Tech Admin:
I know I'm repeating myself but understand nothing is set in stone. Users like Walter (and others) have given us a LOT of great feedback and we will be making changes so if you have a comment, good or bad, let us know.

I miss being able to collapse the posts as you read through them in a thread, or having them already collapsed if you have read them...

I also miss the old orange "wink" that came up if you typed :wink:, and I miss the smilies that came up when you typed ":)" and ":D". It is a lot easier than scrolling through a whole list of smilies, and having to type out the whole word...

And I find it tedious to have a separate "buddy list" that has to float... when I use the back arrow after viewing a new post, to get back to the list of new posts, the buddy list keeps popping up...

I am trying hard to get used to the new format, however. I appreciate all of the hard work that must have gone into this upgrade :biggrin: Thank you!

I'll try and bring back some of the old simple smilies tonight...

we have :wink: which is an orange wink
:) which is a standard yellow smilie
:D which is a big grin

what else?

Tech Admin:
I'll try and bring back some of the old simple smilies tonight...

we have :wink: which is an orange wink
:) which is a standard yellow smilie
:D which is a big grin

what else?

Thanks, Tech Admin for the quick response!

I think the "wink" we used to have is the one that is called "w i n k y" in the new smilie list, it is orange and a little clearer than this yellow one (I had to type it that way because look what happens when you type "winky".

I think we also had a ":p". That's about it for the simple ones that are easier to type than typing out a word...

sapphire:
And I find it tedious to have a separate "buddy list" that has to float... when I use the back arrow after viewing a new post, to get back to the list of new posts, the buddy list keeps popping up...

I'm looking at trying to come up with a way to have the buddy list act like the handle on every post, where you click on it and you can send PM, or go to profile, or look at all posts. I got it to where I can pop up a profile, but that's is for now.

When I get it right, I'll pass it over to Tech Admin.

Thanks, Jeff! Definitely a way to click on one of your buddies, to send a PM, would be great.

Any news on "message tracking"?? Or is that one harder to fix?

Jeff,

Thanks. Of all the bugs, the buddy list is the one I'd most like to see fixed.

Jennifer,

Message tracking works for me, but you have to request the receipt.

Walter:
Message tracking works for me, but you have to request the receipt.

Walter,

This is the message I get when I click on "Track Messages":

"sapphire, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

This worked a few days ago, but is not working now. That is why I asked.

Back
Top Bottom