Top 10 reasons I prefer the “old” Scubaboard.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
2. There were no reputation points.

What's the big deal with reputation points? They gave you the option of turning them off...

Or is this new board really? I have a hard time for the screens to load. Takes forever if it does it at all. And my computer at work is pretty quick too and things are still slow.

Whose idea was it to revamp the board? I liked the old way better cuz it was faster and easier.

Wendy,
The board should be faster for the most part but it would seem it is slow for some people, perhaps there is a browser issue... As for why we upgraded, the old board was full of bugs; the server clock was hours off, functions didn't work and it was getting to the point where we had to ugprade to get the features we needed to keep people happy. As time goes on we will be bringing back more of the old look and feel, but given that it is the holiday season our goal right now is to make sure everything is working before we change it again.

Jennifer,

That's odd. I hope they get that fixed for you soon. I get that same message when I'm reading a thread then the thread gets pulled then I try to go to the next page.

cornfed:
What's the big deal with reputation points? They gave you the option of turning them off...

Looks like they've been turned off permanently. IMO, a good thing.

The new board doesnt "Remember"..I have to relog each time..(Yes, the box is checked and a do accept cookies form this board..!)

Barry:
The new board doesnt "Remember"..I have to relog each time..(Yes, the box is checked and a do accept cookies form this board..!)
I had that at first. Uncheck it, close your browser, then check the box again. Worked for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom