Toothpaste type?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toothpaste works fine..Also soft scrub sink cleaner as it too has abrasives in it..Clean mask with it 203 times and before diving use sea drops or even baby shampoo on inside of mask..spit can work but eventually mold forms inside mask from bacteria in spit.Lighter trick can work,but I would use that as a last resort as you can damage mask if careless..

toothpaste works fine..Also soft scrub sink cleaner as it too has abrasives in it..Clean mask with it 203 times and before diving use sea drops or even baby shampoo on inside of mask..spit can work but eventually mold forms inside mask from bacteria in spit.Lighter trick can work,but I would use that as a last resort as you can damage mask if careless..

Oops only cleaned mine 201 times! :)

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

Oops only cleaned mine 201 times! :)

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk
OOPS! meant 2 or 3 times...but should really work well if done 203 times, if there is any glass left!

I second the softscrub Did the tooth paste and fought fogging for the longest time 2 cleanings with a dab of soft scrub inside and out and a good rinse and I was good to go. No more fogging or spending on the no fog gel a bit of spit and no fog problem. I haven't found any issue with mold like reported above but I rinse and clean the mask well after every dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom