Tool needed for DIN/Yoke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, heh heh, that allen fitting... guess the eye doc was serious when he said I need bi-focals. If I shine the Stylus down there and squint just right I can see it. Thanx for setting me straight.

The DIN retainer should be easy to remove with a 6mm long reach allen wrench.. You should torque it to 22 ft lbs when you re-install it. Be sure you get the allen wrench full seated as if you only catch about half of the allen portion of the retainer, you will strip it out leaving little chunks of brass in your first stage, which will requrie you to disassemble it, reclean it, change the seat and o-rings and replace the retainer. It is one of those things you will only do once.

The same torque specs apply for a yoke retainer. A large cresent wrench also works, but people using 12" or 15" cresent wrenches are how the yoke retainers on the Mk 20's got over torqued in the first place. Peterbuilt sells yoke nut sockets. They are a little shorter and thinner than a normal 1" socket and for the $20-$25 they cost, they are worth getting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom