Too small, too big, just right??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Years ago I owned SB Twin Jets and 7MM boots and it seemed like I could just slam my foot in, flip the straps over and tighten them just a little and I was ready to go.

Now I have size 10 5mm neosport high top boots and...

Fin 1 - ScubaPro Jets Large - way too small. Could barely get any of my heel covered.

Fin 2 - ScubaPro Jet Sport Medium - seems to fit fine (doesn't wiggle or anything ) but the pocket is really soft and I really pull those straps tight trying to get that fits like a glove feel.

Fin 3 - Hollis F1 XL - The pocket seems just a hair big for my feet and boots. If I wiggle my foor back and forth I can feel just a little bit of play ("flop").

For the F1's, I haven't tried adjusting the fins straps to the tighter position yet. I'd did try a "hack" and used the fin inserts from my Jet Sports as a shim between my booties and the foot pocket. It seems much better.

Is that an acceptable tweak or a complete hack? I'm trying to decide in a hurry because I have a boat dive tonight (inland lake with no current or surge ) and need to decide to take my F1's or stick with my Sport Jet's.

Thanks!

---------- Post added ----------

I tightened up the straps and the righ foot feels better but the left foot is still a tiny bit shaky. I'm guessing it's ok but could really use a 2nd and 3rd and 1000th opinion. ( This *IS* Scubaboard.. :) )

I think the extra thickness on your high top boot around the front of your ankle is making boots fit differently. Same thing with me when I got me new high tops a few days ago, had to go one size up and a size smaller in spring straps for my Jets

---------- Post added ----------

Oh, didn't see the question. Your foot should secure the insert in place. You'll be good for as long as you need until you decide on a solution. Nothing wrong with a little jerry-rigging to make things work for you :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom