Too many fins!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the jets (and twin jets). I like em', but I like em all. That's the problem. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I'm not gett'n any more.
(at least not today) ;o)

jonnythan:
How many different fins have been in constant production since the 60s?

One.

Done.

In 1927, Ford was making the same statement about the Model T with the longest production run of any model..

A good buy: Deep See Pulse fins ......these fins are not the top of the line but work well. Leisure Pro has them. Cost is not bad at all. Good travel fins. Always keep 50 bar.

You have 6 pairs of fins??? I can understand having a pair for calm water and another type for ocean currents but how can you possibly use 6 pairs of fins? Do you bring them all with you on vacations and change out each dive? Don't they feel weird since you are never getting used to one?

I have scubpro twin jets. They are comfy but I always seem to have trouble keeping up with divers around me and I noticed that no one else has split fins. I'm not in bad shape and this problem is getting annoying. I'm thinking about scubapro jets. That would make 2 pair for me (I would still use the twin jets occasionally). Now I don't feel so bad after hearing that someone has a six pack of fins. :D

I know. When I think about it, it is ridiculous. I don't take them all with me on trips. I'll just pick one to take. (I like my twin jets the best).... But they do all see the water. I guess it has taught me to get used to all of my fins, and maybe any fins. Fins are just my thing I guess.

2 sets of aqualung blades, the old ones not the blades 2, one for open water and pool with booties, the other for drysuit because they have the newer wider foot pocket. The older ones taper towards the back and fit my booties better. Also have pair of body glove full foot for warm water snorkeling and playing around lap swimming.

scubaren:
I have scubpro twin jets. They are comfy but I always seem to have trouble keeping up with divers around me and I noticed that no one else has split fins. I'm not in bad shape and this problem is getting annoying. I'm thinking about scubapro jets. That would make 2 pair for me (I would still use the twin jets occasionally). Now I don't feel so bad after hearing that someone has a six pack of fins. :D
I dive with both twin jets and jets. Different kicks work better with each fin. If you are doing a mod flutter with twin jets, I'd be surprised if switching to jets would make you faster. You'll stir up less silt with the jets and a frog kick, but I don't think you'll be faster.

Why are your dive buddies in a hurry?

scubajoh44:
You know how some of you women (or your wives) have a million shoes? I don't particularlly like shoes, but fins....wow. I never would have thought. I had the same pair of short SNORKEL full foot fins for 14 years untill about a month ago. Now, I have 6 pair of good fins. What a difference! Someone tell me that I need to stop buying fins or give me a reason to keep buying. (I really don't have the money, so tell me to quit!):wink:

John, don't sweat it. I am the Imelda Marcos of fins. I have I think at last look 14 pairs. 1/2 of them within the past 2 years. Fins do different things for different environments.

Dive On

ShakaZulu:
The reason is that you don't have SB Jets........

They just need to make a size between the XL and the XXL (which is really like a XXXXL). My drysuit boot will not fit in an XL and it is a little sloppy in the XXL. I still have a set of XXLs, but I find myself using my Turtles because they are a far better fit. Although the XXL with spring strap is the easiest fin in the world to put on and take off. A definite plus on a crowded cattle boat.

Back
Top Bottom