Too many fins!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What J1 said!

Seriously, get the gear you want and enjoy it. Love my V12s - I zip around fine, keep up with the group and can reasonably backfin by sculling the tips with bent knees. YMMV.

If you have an older pair you're not diving, consider donating them or just harvesting the straps for your save-a-diver kit and moving on. I threw an old pair of the mini liberators in my pool bag with some deep see booties and a shortie - I'm ready to help out on a part one or discover without tearing my lake bag apart. There's an old pair of sherwoods sleeping in the ski well of my runabout. My tekna rockets finally died of boredom and the blades are now comfortably fixed to a planter in the tomato garden (sans foot pocket). Scuba gear as yard art - who'da thunk it?

scubajoh44:
I know. When I think about it, it is ridiculous. I don't take them all with me on trips. I'll just pick one to take. (I like my twin jets the best).... But they do all see the water. I guess it has taught me to get used to all of my fins, and maybe any fins. Fins are just my thing I guess.

:shout: PUT THE FINS DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COUNTER!!

P.S. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Volo's! :D

JS1scuba:
John, don't sweat it. I am the Imelda Marcos of fins. I have I think at last look 14 pairs. 1/2 of them within the past 2 years. Fins do different things for different environments.

Dive On

JS1 I love the Marcos reference :D :D.
She had 3000 pairs of shoes at last count and still increasing probably :11: hehe.

So you are all saying that if I want to buy another pair (even today) that it would be justified??? ;0) I'll catch yall later, I'm going shopping....

scubajoh44:
So you are all saying that if I want to buy another pair (even today) that it would be justified??? ;0) I'll catch yall later, I'm going shopping....

Don't forget the matching gloves and gear bag.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Hi everyone! My name is dive_girl and I'm a finaholic....:D

I have 9 sets and my 10th, ScubaPro jets, are on their way. What can I say??? I'm a female dive instructor!!! :D I have many different fins for the different environments I dive in (pool, warm, cold, current, low-viz, overhead environment...etc.) and for the different exposure protection I wear which changes the type of protection I have on my feet (barefoot, 3m wetsuit boots, 5m wetsuit boots, drystui rockboots...etc.).

And then of course, the different colors....my favorite? WHITE - easiest to spot me in Northwest waters on a bad bad day!

Dive_Girl PNW:
Hi everyone! My name is dive_girl and I'm a finaholic....:D

I have 9 sets and my 10th, ScubaPro jets, are on their way. What can I say??? I'm a female dive instructor!!! :D I have many different fins for the different environments I dive in (pool, warm, cold, current, low-viz, overhead environment...etc.) and for the different exposure protection I wear which changes the type of protection I have on my feet (barefoot, 3m wetsuit boots, 5m wetsuit boots, drystui rockboots...etc.).

And then of course, the different colors....my favorite? WHITE - easiest to spot me in Northwest waters on a bad bad day!
If it ties the outfit together...then..you go girl!

carbon:
Just like NetFlix, start a company that lets subscribers borrow fins for a flat monthly fee! Now all those extra fins won't sit in the back of your closet -- they will be out there making you money. :D

Carbon

Like some bike shops do with saddles (Seats). The shop owner keeps one or two of every style set aside to be rented, tried, sampled... What ever you want to call it for a few dollars a day or trip. If you choose to purchase the same model the previous charge is deducted from the sale. I guess folks are a little more picky about bicycle seats than fins.
I am about to add two more pairs to my collection....sold off three so I am ahead of the game.

lol - I have more fins than I do shoes... only 2 pair of shoes, and one is for wearing while diving :D

avanti quatro are my fave fins , not diving in big tides is a thing of the past. for power and comfort i recommend them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom