Today's Dive Flag fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure this type of thing doesn't happen often (or maybe it does when you have mixed dive groups), but I wonder given the obvious universal appearance of the dive flag, would it be prudent to mark a flag or at least the float it's attached to? Something like "Hey Dipstick"... "This ain't your bleeping flag" or "Don't Touch" or "Go Away"!!!

Edit: Or how about the typical semi bumper sticker... "If you can read this, you're too close. Back off!!!" Add a picture of Yosemite Sam for good measure.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure this type of thing doesn't happen often (or maybe it does when you have mixed dive groups), but I wonder given the obvious universal appearance of the dive flag, would it be prudent to to mark a flag or at least the float it's attached to? Something like "Hey Dipstick"... "This ain't your bleeping flag" or "Don't Touch" or "Go Away"!!!

Edit: Or how about the typical semi bumper sticker... "If you can read this, you're too close. Back off!!!" Add a picture of Yosemite Sam for good measure.

I have my first name in big, black, capital letters in the white stripe of my flag. Anyone close enough to read it should know who it is, or isn't.

I used a flat float a couple of times it seemed to attract idiots so I stopped using it.

Glad to hear you were OK.

Last edited:
great news that your unharmed.......south Florida boaters are worse than south Florida drivers.

John,

How are the conditions at LBTS? Did the beach renourishment mess up that really nice reef that is about 50 yards off the end of the pier?

A friend of mine in Bulgaria was diving in a lake one summer. Feels his dive flag start to go, pulling him up. Went to the surface only to be yelled at by a guy on a jet ski to say he found the dive flag, it was his, and for my friend to let go of the line. smh

John,

How are the conditions at LBTS? Did the beach renourishment mess up that really nice reef that is about 50 yards off the end of the pier?
I have no idea. We were on a boat much farther out. There is certainly a lot of sand going in north of there these days. It is really stunning.

But why did you guys dive with flags from the boat? Isn't the flag displayed on the boat enough? I did some boat diving in Florida and nobody used individual flags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom