Today was Christmas...!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just back from the first trip out with the gear, and more than happy with everything. Take everything with a grain of salt where I'm a very green diver still. :)

Regulators breathed very well from the start, and more so as I started fiddling around with the cracking pressure dial on my second dive. No issues with water getting in, but I did notice the mouthpiece may be a bit small for my bite. I'm diving them all again down in WPB in July so will have another 7 dives worth of data after that.

Boots and fins were great. Many comments on the fins ('duck feet' as one person said jokingly) and the boots were awesome even in the cold quarry water (51F at depth). Never felt cold on my feet for a moment.

Did manage to lose one of the o-rings on my 1st stage after the last dive on Sunday somehow, but having the spare right on the dustcap was a Godsend - great perk @deep6!

I just got back from my first trip with them as well and they performed great. My only issue was after dive 5 when i pressurized there was a leak. DM said my transmitter was leaking. I listened and it was my high pressure SPG hose. I took off the hose to fine a split o ring. I popped a new one on and all was good.

tested it out today on short fresh water dive. Only two comments I have are 1. the 1st stage is large enough that I was banging my head when lifting it to look forward, will have to play with positioning a little (of note I was using DIN with a Yoke Adaptor); 2. as others have reported the 2nd stage breaths a little wet, nothing problematic but definitely noticeable, will have to play with the ease of breathing a little to see if I can find good setting.

made adjustment to positioning of tank and no head banging this time. A little more refined review of the "wetness" in the 2nd stage. It only occurred when I was completely facedown. If head was upright (or mostly so while in trim) there was no wetness at all. Overall very happy with set.

Back
Top Bottom