Today was Christmas...!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got a signature (din) with a blue 2nd today. Man is the first stage heavy and the 2nd stage large compared to the Cressi MC9/compact I have been using. Will test Friday to see how it breaths.

Just got a signature (din) with a blue 2nd today. Man is the first stage heavy and the 2nd stage large compared to the Cressi MC9/compact I have been using. Will test Friday to see how it breaths.

I don't have any experience with the MC9, but it looks like it doesn't have the venturi switch or the adjustment knob. Just wait until you breath from the deep6 set!

I came from the Aqualung/US Divers micra adj which is also small and lightweight, but once underwater, the weight doesn't make a big difference, but the breathing was immensely better. Hope you like it.

tested it out today on short fresh water dive. Only two comments I have are 1. the 1st stage is large enough that I was banging my head when lifting it to look forward, will have to play with positioning a little (of note I was using DIN with a Yoke Adaptor); 2. as others have reported the 2nd stage breaths a little wet, nothing problematic but definitely noticeable, will have to play with the ease of breathing a little to see if I can find good setting.

I've only tested mine on a few pool sessions and about 10 dives. For me, this is the first reg set I've used where I did not breathe wet when I was upside down. Much heavier than I'm used to but not noticeable underwater, and the mouthpiece for once doesn't hurt my jaw

Interesting. I've dove with my set some 20 times and I've never experienced it wet. I constantly get positive feedback from divers when we do out of air drills. I've convinced three people so far to go with Deep6 regs.

For the mouthpiece, I actually love the Aqualung comfo bite and replaced all the mouthpieces with them.

Interesting. I've dove with my set some 20 times and I've never experienced it wet. I constantly get positive feedback from divers when we do out of air drills. I've convinced three people so far to go with Deep6 regs.

For the mouthpiece, I actually love the Aqualung comfo bite and replaced all the mouthpieces with them.

I have about 50 dives on my Signature set and my primary breaths slightly wet whereas my second doesn’t. Recently had them serviced (2 years) and they both breath the same as before, so I’m thinking of swapping them around. It has never been a big deal, but I’m curious to try it .

As for the mouthpiece, I’m probably going to switch to the Aqualung as well. My pre-service mouthpiece worked well but, after 2 dives last weekend, the new mouthpiece left my jaws sore and kept scraping the inside of my lip.

All of that said, I’m still a big fan.

Erik

Back
Top Bottom