Tocloban to Sogod overland suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the Kingswell ferry still goes to Massim. Not sure this may be old info on the net,but this ferry takes about 4 hrs. The fast cat is better in this respect but the car journey is longer. I guess there is no easy way to get to Sogod.
Anyway i decided on flying as i hope it will be the easier option. My flight arrives in Manila late afternoon so i could not make it down to Cebu in time for the 6.30 pm ferry.
Anyway only 10 days to go!!!

Bill; how long r you staying at SBR?

:11doh:Yeah - your right - my mistake. I think they used to come into Maasin but now the closest port to Padre Burgos is Hilongos for the ferries (1 hour away).

The Supercat also goes to Ormoc which is the one I caught - mainly because my flight landed in Cebu at 0310 and I was able to get the 0600 ferry to Ormoc. This put me in the resort at 1130 - perfect for 2 afternoon dives:D

Phil
so the mystery (free ride) continues:D

share my experience about the land transfer from Tacloban airport to Sogod bay...

to

1. Tacloban airport to NEW bus terminal by jeepney : 0.5 hr/ 40p
2. bus terminal to Sogod by small air con van: 2+ hr/ 150p*2 ( I paid double price to get a double seat)
3. Sogod to Sogod Bay by bus: 1+ hr/40p

from

1. Sogod Bay to Bus terminal by bus: 4+ hr/ 120p
2. Bus terminal to airport by tricycle: 0.5 hr

Bill; how long r you staying at SBR?

I had to cancel my trip last week due to a work issue :-( Hopefully, I'll make it back down to the Philippines later in the year. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone :-(

Just wanted to add the name of a private driver we used - he's a bit expensive but it's a nice sedan car with aircon and he'll get you to/from Sogod to Tacloban in 3 hrs.
Rate is 2500 each way. Really only 3 adults would fit comfortably in his car.

His name is Bambi - (053) 570-5543 landline or 0920-216-4537 mobile

not sure if I want to get in a car with a guy named Bambi... :popcorn:

:joke:

not sure if I want to get in a car with a guy named Bambi... :popcorn:

:joke:

:rofl3: LOL - Yeah, well try calling him up and saying his name without cracking up. But he pronounces it like Bahmbi...sounds a little more manly that way I guess. :D
But he was a great guy and I would definitely recommend him.

From Tacloban you want to get to the bus terminal. Then take the Air-Con Van to Maasin. It's just a short Jeepney ride from Maasin to Padre-Burgos and usually they will take you the couple of miles further to SBSR. Cost was around 350 php for two from the terminal and once you get to Maasin watch out for the little old man with the crappy looking Jeepney, He'll take advantage of you if you let him, but once you get to know him he's funnier than hell. It's farther to go to Sogod Bay and Padre Burgos is closer......Much closer. But beware! Those Van drivers all drive like they're in the Indy 500. It's even worse at night from Tacloban to Ormoc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom