Tocloban to Sogod overland suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doy, 2.5hrs? who was the driver? Dale Earnhardt Jr?

We have a small abaca buying station in Sogod. Southern Leyte is Abaca country (that's Manila Hemp for you) :D

Our driver goes up and down those mountains a lot that he memorized where all the potholes are. I'm gripping my chair every time I go thru those mountains. That's 5 years ago. Now I can sleep when he drives. I never thought there would be diving there as the waters always look murky.

But if you go down to Liluan, that's the pier crossing to Surigao, WOW!!! You can see coral formation from your boat... Crossing the channel between Liluan and Surigao City we saw some dolphins swimming along the ferry boat.

blargh... very tempted to take private transfer tomorrow. :headbang:

yes.zee brought my gear with him already, so im just bringing a backpack.

but apparently, since i am going to spend Php4k++ one way to Tacloban from Manila anyway, i might as well take a private transfer. pfffft.... bloody job, it always manages to mess with my holidays.

thanks doy. will probably do that; can only max out Php2.5k for the land transfer. one way to Sogod costs more than my roundtrip ticket to HongKong :rofl2: :rofl2:

thanks doy. will probably do that; can only max out Php2.5k for the land transfer. one way to Sogod costs more than my roundtrip ticket to HongKong :rofl2: :rofl2:

That's one of the reasons why I didn't go to Sogod. Since I was travelling alone, it would have set me back PHP6K at least return from the airport to the resort. I'm better off seeing the whale sharks here if I'm paying that much.

yeah... if its only for the whaleshark, id forget it. id rather go someplace else, like Bohol. but Zee is sick and has not been diving since they arrived yesterday. :(

im bringing his meds. :( i hope he gets better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom