Tocloban to Sogod overland suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil,

Thanks for info. I have read various things about the drive from Tacloban, some say 5-6 hrs. It does not look that far on Google earth!!

Anyway i have decided to overnight in Manila after my flight from Dubai, then fly to Tacloban early morning. 7 nights at Sogod. Then back to Tacloban for flight to Manila. Overnight Manila. Then fly to Dumaguete for 8 nights at Duain. Cannot wait.
The alternative was to travel by ferry. Definately cheaper but a prob more difficult.
Kev, we are going to be in SBSR on Feb 22-25...

Yes i know . I ll be there 16-23.
I will try not to drink all the SM before your group arrives.

"Thanks for info. I have read various things about the drive from Tacloban, some say 5-6 hrs. It does not look that far on Google earth!!"

5-6 hours probably isnt unreasonable on local transport. I took a private taxi organised by SBDR and he didnt hang about. He drove safely appropriate to the road conditions but certainly took his overtaking opportunities when presented!

Be aware the transfer from Ormoc is fairly flat and straight whereas the transfer from Tacloban passes over a small mountain and can be a bit twisty.

Phil

Yes i know . I ll be there 16-23.
I will try not to drink all the SM before your group arrives.

I'll be flying into Manila on the 16th from Tokyo. My plan is to catch a connecting flight to Cebu. Stay there overnight and then catch the ferry to Maasin the next day. They told me they'd send a car over for me, no charge. The ferry ride is longer, but the drive is shorter. Didn't seem to be a huge difference to me and much cheaper. I should be there by Sunday evening. With any luck I can get a night dive in before I go to bed :wink:

I thought all ferries from cebu dock at Hilongos.
:11doh:Yeah - your right - my mistake. I think they used to come into Maasin but now the closest port to Padre Burgos is Hilongos for the ferries (1 hour away).

The Supercat also goes to Ormoc which is the one I caught - mainly because my flight landed in Cebu at 0310 and I was able to get the 0600 ferry to Ormoc. This put me in the resort at 1130 - perfect for 2 afternoon dives:D

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom