To the Open Water Divers in the cave at Ginnie Springs today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to know if your cat dives a redundant bubble on a separate tank in case of failure.

And if he's a certified underwater candle diver.

He is a she... And she never goes diving without her spare air and She failed the match lighting part of the course... But she's working on it... She just hates all the guy divers leering at her... Like they never saw a " PUSSY CAT " diver before.... She is getting ready for a attempt on the Doria ....

Jim...

I just wanted to add, She thinks she has a better chance to recover more artifacts then John Chatterton did... Being she is so small and can get into the silverware room....:wink:

Interesting this thread as well as humorous!
I have seen a few things at Ginnie.......hm well better keep this PG!
Not only light are dropped in the eye!
But that is another story best shared on another forum!

When diving at Orange Grove a while back I had two OW divers ask if I would take them into the cave.
I asked them to see their cards and they told me clearly they were only OW but each had ONE small light.
I did not bash them but only cautioned them that it was only permuted for OW divers in the pool area.
Of coarse I declined to take them on a dive INTO the cavern or cave.

They were rather very indignant and told my wife all about it.
They waited till I entered the pool again then proceeded to look for my line into the cave.
It was humorous as I was hovering in the dark inside the cavern watching them scour the entrance rocks / timbers for lines.
That is when to my horror they just swam into the cavern entrance WITH OUT A LINE and toward the cave.
What was I supposed to do?
I waited for about 10 min, then decided I would run a line to the mainline just in case.
When I reached the mainline I saw lights ahead on exit toward me.
I rose in the small dome over the warning sign and allowed them to pass.

I retrieved my reel and once again took up my vigil in the dark.
They exited again sharing not happy feelings with my wife and left.
I was not wanting to bash them but rather help them understand how dangerous / reckless this was.
I love diving and I love diving caves, I respect those who have to remove bodies from caves.

Many conversations this year have revolved around the swing in statistics surrounding diving deaths.
There are still OW divers out there venturing into cavern / caves but more cave trained or card holding diver fatalities.
The trained still have to dive within their limits and experience OW or Cave that is a fact.
If you choose not to then that is your choice.
Sorry for your friends, family, those who have to retrieve your body.

CamG

He is a she... And she never goes diving without her spare air and She failed the match lighting part of the course... But she's working on it... She just hates all the guy divers leering at her... Like they never saw a " PUSSY CAT " diver before.... She is getting ready for a attempt on the Doria ....

Jim...

I just wanted to add, She thinks she has a better chance to recover more artifacts then John Chatterton did... Being she is so small and can get into the silverware room....:wink:

That explains the weird attraction... I don't think I'm ready for the underwater candle diver course, I'd perfer to pay for a guaranteed certification through another agency. PM the details of the instructor who denied you PUSSY the satifaction of becoming a certified underwater candle diver, I don't want to turn this into bashing any instructors or agencies in a public forum.

Back
Top Bottom