• Yes, I do pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 548 72.3%
  • No, I dont pee in my wetsuit

Votes: 190 25.1%
  • No comment

Votes: 20 2.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, I have seen alot of threads lately about if you do/should or dont/shouldnt pee in your wet suit, so I thought maybe we need a poll on this one to answer this question......

People that rent wetsuits.......get ready, this might make you need to buy your own!!!

Oh by the way, I allways hear that there is 2 types of divers...... ones who pee in there wetsuit, and ones that lie about it.......hence the "no comment" box

And this is an anonimous poll, so tell the truth!!

Here is a different take on this. I have peed in a wetsuit, but it was a rental. When I bought my 7mm "steamer" (hey, their name, not mine :D ), I made a conscious decision to try to not pee in the suit as part of an overall control issue. I.e. control my body (breathing, touching, peeing) and my position (bouyancy). It's strictly a mental game with myself, but does seem to work. So far I am 47-0 since January, at least on the peeing part.

For those who complain about how hard it is to hold it, for whatever reason (you had a few sodas before jumping in, or you have 30 minutes of deco), what do you do on long car trips? Please don't tell me you piss yourself in these cases, too. I just haven't found myself needing to go so bad it couldn't wait. Do as your mother taught you, pee *before* the long trips...

LOL! You should ALWAYS be properly hydrated. What are doing, avoiding water except when you dive? This just isn't an issue for me at least. I drink plenty and still can manage not to piss myself. Guess you just have a small bladder...

Unlike preparing for long car trips, I drink as much water as I can the day before a day, on the way to the dive, and during my surface intervals.

The urge always seems to hit during my 20ft stops. Probably the decrease in surrounding pressure.

FD

Rainer:
Guess you just have a small bladder...

Or else YOU aren't spending enough time underwater.

I don't know where you dive at, but 90% of the time there is no bathroom available anywhere close to my dive sites.

FD

I'm drinking a lot of water and spending a lot of time in the water (not the same waters!), but have managed not to piss myself. If swimming in your own pee floats your boat (wetsuit?), then go for it!

Just remember, a wetsuit and a toilet have one thing in common. They can both be flushed!

Back
Top Bottom