To go or no? (covid)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of smaller mom and pop places don't take credit cards. Places that do may well apply a surcharge. The easiest thing I find is to withdraw money from an ATM using my Canadian bank's debit card. Follow DandyDon's instructions above.

Lots of place do take CC though. My Southwest Chase visa pays in pesos with NO extra fees and a great exchange rate. I use it for EVERYTHING. I need those SW points.

And how many of you drank too much and fell down those terrible circular stairs at old Prima? I think they took out a LOT of people! Or current Caribe Burger?

I am not doubting you at all about the 30% figure. I have seen this posted on several Coz FB pages. The odd thing is that nobody seems to have a source for the 30% figure. Do you know what the source is? (That I have seen anyway...)
Thanks!

I am hearing reports from reliable sources that the hospitals are full and the cases have increased exponentially in the last few weeks. Over 300 confirmed cases.

I am hearing reports from reliable sources that the hospitals are full and the cases have increased exponentially in the last few weeks. Over 300 confirmed cases.
I have to wonder how much that has to do with allowing tourists without a recent test or vaccination card? Honduras requires one of those.

I have to wonder how much that has to do with allowing tourists without a recent test or vaccination card? Honduras requires one of those.

I think it is more likely everyone getting slack about it. Some vaccinations happening, tourists, a lot vaccinated are coming back. Everyone stops being careful. Ton of political rallies. I don't think it is so much a tourist driving outbeak.

Centro is holding a spot in the top ten neighborhoods with covid in all of QRoo!

That has been Mexico's approach since they reopened over a year ago so why would it have been ok for all that time and now flare up. Especially as more and more tourists are vaccinated. These spikes have typically occured about 3-4 weeks after the preciptative cause. The only thing I can think of that was different about a month ago was elections there.

The Delta strain?

@Christi, it's been a while since this has been discussed and I'm wondering what locals are saying? I saw something yesterday (can't remember where) that indicated Cozumel might be in the 'green' again. But I trust what locals say more. If you have anything to share I'd love to hear it. We're heading down in about 3 weeks.

Yea, they made it 'Joaquin' green. One of the TWO new shade of Green, so mask inside and out are a thing still. They upped capacity a bit. That's the Gov wanting to say its green, but is it really?

Sort of a chartreuse, really....

Friend of mine was just down quarantined for 2 week with COVID. He was full Pfizer vaccinated. He said it was bad. Didn't get hospitalized though. So still a win.

Friend of mine was just down quarantined for 2 week with COVID. He was full Pfizer vaccinated. He said it was bad. Didn't get hospitalized though. So still a win.
So how does that work? Is he just trusted to stay in his hotel room?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom