To go or no? (covid)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it was a vacation? Lots do that. Im not big on burgers in Coz, but someone wanted to go.

upload_2021-7-1_18-30-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-7-1_18-30-42.jpeg
    upload_2021-7-1_18-30-42.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 44
There was a second floor restaurant (a burger place??) across from Machete. I wasn't planning on going there either way, but I do recall a local telling me they closed recently, and I assumed it was due to Covid-19.
The second floor was the orginal Prima at one point. La Terraza was there for a while. Now its Caribe Burger. We were there a week or so ago. Nice burger.
Was there an Angus Beef steak house there for a while? It shows to be open, 2 for 1 drinks Wednesdays & Thursday: https://www.facebook.com/caribeburgergrill

It started as a tiny hole-in-the-wall cafe downstairs on Salas right around the corner from Suites Colonial where I used to stay and Hotel Mary Carmen where I stay now, and I loved their 20 Peso tacos. I think the tacos went up some, but still a handy & convenient place with great food. I'd thought they'd moved further away Melgar, but it looks like they just moved upstairs.

Well I'm wrong I guess... can you confirm they were closed earlier in June? I walked by several times a day, and they were never open... or maybe I'm going crazy...
I wonder why that they looked closed? Edit: I just talked to them on FB. Open.

I hate that they're no longer open all day.

Maybe it was a vacation? Lots do that. Im not big on burgers in Coz, but someone wanted to go.

View attachment 668622
That's the old Prima, all right. I loved their lobster linguine in olive oil and mucho ajo. I ate at the location after that atop the building next to the Cozumel Palace. The view was great if you could get that table at the ocean end of the balcony, but I didn't think the food was as good.

That's the old Prima, all right. I loved their lobster linguine in olive oil and mucho ajo. I ate at the location after that atop the building next to the Cozumel Palace. The view was great if you could get that table at the ocean end of the balcony, but I didn't think the food was as good.

I agree100%. Food was not that good at that location.

I took a group of 16 to Coz in June. Everyone swore that it was of their best visits. I'm going back in September. You just can't beat the value. I understand some people's hesitancy - if you're vaccinated, get on down there. You won't regret it.

What is the best way to pay in Coz? US cash, bring US cash and convert to pesos...use a credit card like a Visa or?

We are there in Aug for 10 days...

What is the best way to pay in Coz? US cash, bring US cash and convert to pesos...use a credit card like a Visa or?
Generally it's best to withdraw Pesos at an ATM with your Debit card and use those.
  1. Be sure that it's a bank ATM and not a free-standing machine with risks.
  2. Be sure to decline the first offer on conversion rates, a scam easily avoided.
  3. Be sure to tell your bank that you're going to use the cards in Mexico. I have screwed that twice!

The old Primas was memorable! It was never the same once it moved to El Cantil. The only place in Cozumel to get a great steak back then. Not a fan of Caribe Burger. Cozumel Rum Company on 10 is far better IMHO. Sereno Cozumel is my favorite new restaurant. It’s on the rooftop of the building next to Papa Hogs. Incredible sunset views! It’s always busy, make reservations and get the roasted carrot appetizer!

Skirt steak at Hemingways is to die for...just sayn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom