To go or no? (covid)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there in May. I masked in Mega, in cabs, and while being seated in restaurants. I didn't mask outside, but I avoided close contact with anyone outside my group when I wasn't masked. I didn't mask on dive or fishing boats and neither did the other passengers or crews. The restaurants were mostly open and very happy to have customers, and personnel were mostly masked.

We had to get COVID tested in order to return to the US, but the hotel contacted a mobile testing service to come and do it. The service sent the results to the hotel and they printed them for presentation at the airport. I don't believe anyone thinks the stoplight will go to red any time soon, but the pandemic is still a dynamic situation.

Hope that helps; if you are vaccinated I say go for it.

Was there mid February and this is spot-on from my trip.

They were charging $75 for COVID-19 testing then. Based on other postings, seems to have dropped in price.

And wear your mask in the airport. One group of employees there tested 30% positive last week...

:wink:

I am not doubting you at all about the 30% figure. I have seen this posted on several Coz FB pages. The odd thing is that nobody seems to have a source for the 30% figure. Do you know what the source is? (That I have seen anyway...)
Thanks!

I just returned from a 10-day dive trip to Coz. Honestly, if I just came out of a coma and woke up in Coz, with the exception of the local's wearing makes, I would not have known there were any sort of pandemic concerns. Just about every restaurant, bar, store, etc was open for business. Now, I get it that I did not see all of them and obviously there are places that are closed. In my opinion, the overall majority are open though. On my dive boat, the crew wore masks most of the time, even while we were cruising to our dive spots. They encouraged us to wear a mask too, but it was not enforced at all. (I did out of respect and I am vaxxed).

The pre-departure Covid test is a breeze. We used Labotorio San Miguel, a valet-type lab service that will come to your hotel or condo, etc, and do the swab test. We had our results in an hour. Easy Peasy. (You cheap bastiches might wanna go elsewhere...). Exiting Coz at the airport was also a breeze. We used the VeriFly App and it was very simple.

Do not live in fear. Enjoy Coz and support the local economy. They are hurting.

I am not doubting you at all about the 30% figure. I have seen this posted on several Coz FB pages. The odd thing is that nobody seems to have a source for the 30% figure. Do you know what the source is? (That I have seen anyway...)
Thanks!

My source was directly from an airport employee who is a friend of mine. I got the number in their group tested and the number of positives. There is a thing that everyone comes to work or they don't get paid, so sick people sometimes come to work and make more sick people....

I just returned from a 10-day dive trip to Coz. Honestly, if I just came out of a coma and woke up in Coz, with the exception of the local's wearing makes, I would not have known there were any sort of pandemic concerns. Just about every restaurant, bar, store, etc was open for business. Now, I get it that I did not see all of them and obviously there are places that are closed. In my opinion, the overall majority are open though. On my dive boat, the crew wore masks most of the time, even while we were cruising to our dive spots. They encouraged us to wear a mask too, but it was not enforced at all. (I did out of respect and I am vaxxed).

The pre-departure Covid test is a breeze. We used Labotorio San Miguel, a valet-type lab service that will come to your hotel or condo, etc, and do the swab test. We had our results in an hour. Easy Peasy. (You cheap bastiches might wanna go elsewhere...). Exiting Coz at the airport was also a breeze. We used the VeriFly App and it was very simple.

Do not live in fear. Enjoy Coz and support the local economy. They are hurting.

Get vaxxed and come spread some pesos around. And you are right, the testing and airport stuff is really easy, if you don't work yourself up about it.

They were charging $75 for COVID-19 testing then. Based on other postings, seems to have dropped in price.
Ours were US$34 and they did it in the hotel lobby. Results the next day.

I'm sure there are exceptions... but I believe my statement is mostly true...
Which restaurants are permanently closed due to the pandemic? All those on our short list were open except Kinta.

Honestly, new restaurants have opened up this past year. Several on Melgar alone! I can’t think of one with the exception of Kinta that we frequent that has closed. Hopefully it will open soon! This past week The Pub opened its new location where Kelly’s was.

Which restaurants are permanently closed due to the pandemic? All those on our short list were open except Kinta.

There was a second floor restaurant (a burger place??) across from Machete. I wasn't planning on going there either way, but I do recall a local telling me they closed recently, and I assumed it was due to Covid-19.

There was also a higher-end restaurant across from Midori Sushi, it didn't look to be open... but I wasn't paying much attention to it, so I could be wrong on this one...

The real point of my original post was to point out ALL the restaurants are open... except for the ones that closed recently for whatever reason... simply put another way, if they're in business, they're open and serving food!

There was a second floor restaurant (a burger place??) across from Machete. I wasn't planning on going there either way, but I do recall a local telling me they closed recently, and I assumed it was due to Covid-19.

There was also a higher-end restaurant across from Midori Sushi, it didn't look to be open... but I wasn't paying much attention to it, so I could be wrong on this one...

The real point of my original post was to point out ALL the restaurants are open... except for the ones that closed recently for whatever reason... simply put another way, if they're in business, they're open and serving food!

The second floor was the orginal Prima at one point. La Terraza was there for a while. Now its Caribe Burger. We were there a week or so ago. Nice burger.

The second floor was the orginal Prima at one point. La Terraza was there for a while. Now its Caribe Burger. We were there a week or so ago. Nice burger.

Well I'm wrong I guess... can you confirm they were closed earlier in June? I walked by several times a day, and they were never open... or maybe I'm going crazy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom