To deco or not to deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The obvious commentary is to not put yourself into a scenario where you have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

If you find yourself in that scenario, it's a good indicator that you're doing dives beyond your competency level.

It'd be time to dial the challenge back and keep things simpler and easier to manage until your skills and experience was up to the task.

In this particular scenario... the divers' incompetence led to a lose-lose situation. Putting themselves into a deco obligation would probably be an imprudent option, given their weak performance on the dive thus far..

I think i would have considered the conservatism set in my puter. if it were high conservative ( ndl 10 min and my buddies ndl 17) I would go to the line and skip the puters deco rec's. If the opposite was true. I think i would have to get shallow quick do the deco to the extent that air allowed. By this time in the scnerario it is too late to say do a better plan next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom