Tipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:jb: im back after being out diving all day and i see this continues:D

......I don't see how you are bringing in buisness, When your post say they don't deserve anything. And the charters still let you on there boat. To cut them down so bad on a public forum.........
and where did i say a negative about a chater/dive op? i think the answer would be i havent. i pimp a number of excellent dive ops and charters in this country and i know for a fact as a result the lds have benefit from my efforts to spread the word of good lds, charters and quality gear.

...... I don't see how the dive shop .......even wants your buisness. ...........
:rofl3: you would be VERY surprised!

...... Cheers and remember do not tip in australia .......
please dont

should we tip australian exotic dancers?
well actually i dont know so maybe a road trip is required :eyebrow:

now,isnt there a football game on or something better you blokes could be doing with your time right now??

Unfortunately, tipping if way out of hand in the US, but I can never imagine one of my patients tipping me for starting their IV or bringing them their pain medicine in a timely fashion. Sheesh.

If you were performing your job for $20 a day, I'm sure it would be different.

Anyone else think this thread has run its course for the month?

The people I prefer to travel and dive with, are kind, considerate, and generous. They are not stingy with their dollars or their good will. We all know people who never pick up the tab and are bad tippers. The same people who have a long list of reasons why they shouldn't have to tip always seem to be the ones who never buy a round of drinks for friends at the table. Often, I tip DM's, crew members, maids, or waitresses extra to make up for the divers I travel with who are simply cheap and inconsiderate.
Rex

Anyone else think this thread has run its course for the month?

And when next month's "How much do you tip?" thread comes around, I will try not to take the bait...

:coffee:

$20. per DAY, who in their right mind would work for that kind of pay if you live in the US? This must be an individual that really loves the job and wants to do the work for nothing anyway, they just really enjoy the work. If you are saying that someone is trying to live off from $20 per week, they should really choose a job that they can make a living from. The only people I used to know that work for $20 per day was the paper boy and he lived with his parents who feed and clothe him.

What does this person do to earn ONLY $20. per day?

And when next month's "How much do you tip?" thread comes around, I will try not to take the bait...

:coffee:

Of course, it would be much easier to resist taking the bait if the people who mean "I'm a cheap b@stard and I will not part with one more dollar than a have to!" would just go ahead and say that, instead of claiming to be against tipping for philosophical, cultural, or socioeconomic reasons. My favorite of course are those claim that the reason they don't tip is that the person receiving the tip deserves to be underpaid either by choosing the specific job and/or by not having "negotiated" a better deal with their employer.

PS - I just know I'm not gonna be able to resist chiming in on the next thread. I mean, hell, I'm now responding to my OWN posts in this one!

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Funny thing Almitywife, you had your flame proof suit on and wanted to know.

For you to want us blokes go watch some game, Can only mean that everything I said is
VERY true.

I would not have posted ,But you Invited the posters to post about you and you not tipping.

To come back from a charter and make comment about the fill station employee, Ok so you say you don't cut them down. Let me reword it for you.

You are totally disresectfull towards your lds, and dive charter operation.

Thank you for clearing this up for we know now why you are so fascinated about not tipping.

IT still stands that if you get free air for bringing in buisness and sales, that is a form of a tip, but apparently you have a different word for that.

Like give it to me, It's obvious that you are the Queen of diving in australia and all the rest of the aussies are your peasants. And they shall not help me with my gear, For I am the Solo queen diver of australia.

Almitywife, If you don't want this kind of posting, don't say you have your flame proof suit on, Or jesture that you want a diver to argue over your opions.

My voodoo conclusion is you are extremly upset that all the help and time you put in to your lds and charter operation, That the only reward you get is free air fills, which is your tip of course.

Enjoy your way of diving, This is how you were brought up, nobody can knock you for that.
If you have to put your diving freinds on a lower catagory than you, so be it.

But don't Humilate them buy not tipping them, when again they tip you when they give you free air.

BYE-BYE now, Taking a local photographer to a sunken ferry, I don't expect any thing, But I guarantee he will try to be gratious in some way or another, Thats just the way the humane race is, Some are just not happy in life so there decisions are sour.

Back
Top Bottom