Tim's Recreational Dive Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault:
I have the Citizen Cyber Aqualand NX. I use the software Citizen provided.

Mike

Hi Mike
If you are wanting to use my program I would be happy to have a go at modifiying it to import from the citizen database.

all i would want from you is that you test it out for me and check that it works OK.
I would also need a copy of your database to see if is posible to read the data.

Email me using the link in the program if you would like me to have a go.

So far I really like your program. It looks and works great!
Here are the issues so far, and they are minor.

The comments section is unlimited, so if you have too many likes of comments in runs into other areas of the form (like the graph).

The other thing is just an addition. The printout option is great! That is the biggest reason I would want this program. It prints PADI size log sheets which are exactly the size of a half sheet of paper. So....if you had it set for ladscape printing instead of portrait, you could get two logs on one page, and only have to cut the page in half, instead of 2 cuts to get it to fit a standard log book.

Just my 2 cents, but I really am very impressed!

robertarak:
So far I really like your program. It looks and works great!
Here are the issues so far, and they are minor.

The comments section is unlimited, so if you have too many likes of comments in runs into other areas of the form (like the graph).

The other thing is just an addition. The printout option is great! That is the biggest reason I would want this program. It prints PADI size log sheets which are exactly the size of a half sheet of paper. So....if you had it set for ladscape printing instead of portrait, you could get two logs on one page, and only have to cut the page in half, instead of 2 cuts to get it to fit a standard log book.

Just my 2 cents, but I really am very impressed!

The graph should print with the depth 4m to a line. so if you went to 40m it would take up pretcaly all the comments area.
It should print red Profile over blue comments. this way the comments area is used to the full.

If you cut the paper first then you can print the next log on the reverse side which will keep the logs in order in your book.

Does it have an option to print in feet? I understand meters but my conputers, guages and other paraphenalia don't.

TheGoast:
The graph should print with the depth 4m to a line. so if you went to 40m it would take up pretcaly all the comments area.
It should print red Profile over blue comments. this way the comments area is used to the full.

Smart idea. That works.

TheGoast:
If you cut the paper first then you can print the next log on the reverse side which will keep the logs in order in your book.

True, but if it had the option of printing landscape, you could get 2 log pages out of a single sheet of paper. One cut down the middle would give you 2 perfectly sized pages.

Just a thought. You wanted input :wink:

robertarak no problems keep it up, all the ideas go in a big jar for me to pick and chose. :)

Mike It dose every thing in Imperial or metric, you chose you preferance after installing it. In the setup bit. (cylinder size is entered the imperial way, this may make sense after using it).

elchato:
oh well... I still can't get a good dive log with linux
gdivelog just erases my log entries all the time, so it's worthless.

Have you tried jdivelog? It's more frequently maintained.

@TheGoast

Unless you are considering selling it, would you feel comfortable putting the source on your website? It could be useful for others who want to make their own modifications or improvements...or even those willing to port to other OS's.

Thanks anyway for your effort...it is beautiful!

Russell

undrwater:
Unless you are considering selling it, would you feel comfortable putting the source on your website? It could be useful for others who want to make their own modifications or improvements...or even those willing to port to other OS's.

Thanks anyway for your effort...it is beautiful!

Russell

:D It would be nice to think people would pay for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom