Tim's Recreational Dive Log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheGoast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The software I got with my computer I thought was fine but I wanted some thing simple and to print out my PADI logs and work out my PG's (Pressure Groups).

So I wrote my own.

http://www.tjengineering.co.uk/log.html

Start.jpg

Tim

I like the program.

If you knew the tank size and PSI used you can get CF used and thus have it automatically calculate your surface air consumption and then possibly calculate your avg SAC from all logs filled in. Ide like to see that as that something Ive never took time to do.

Also on my log I like to put the bouyancy of the tank or tank type so I can estimate weight requirements for future dives. Aslo thickness of wetsuit is also important.

With todays computers I find the depth/bottom time figure redundant unless on vacation doing lots of diving without a dive computer and with a laptop available as it not that important when you are home filling out the log on your home computer.

The dive profile is nice piece of work for those with an oceanic computer.

Whats really nice is the data base for contacts etc. I have phone numbers all over the place.

I made my own on 8.5 x 11 paper because I didnt like any of the logs available.

Excellent work Tim as it would be useful for the contacts alone.

Thanks for your comments ScubaSarus

You must keep in mind that I wrote this program to just fill in my PADI dive logs
and keep it as simple as posible.
The reason for the profile bit was for those dives that did not work with the PADI tables.
You can also import from Suunto Database, you just need to set it in the setting.

Tim

any chance to get it working with linux?

Hi elchato.

I'm not to good at programing, its done with visual basic so I'm stuck with windows.

oh well... I still can't get a good dive log with linux
gdivelog just erases my log entries all the time, so it's worthless.

Dont know mikerault

need to know what you have and what software comes with it.

Added Import for Mares Database

I have the Citizen Cyber Aqualand NX. I use the software Citizen provided.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom