Time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Well, I'm a Texan living in Iowa. So the summer is crazy humid because of the Mississippi River (worse humidity than when I lived in Houston actually), but not too ridiculously hot (just a few days over 100)"

And I'm a Midwesterner transplanted to Texas, grew up in West Central Illinois (Galesburg), only 40 miles from the Mississippi, and yes, the humidity in the whole Mississippi Valley is gawdawful - I'm much more comfortable in the Dallas Summers, when the Temps get to 106-108, but humidity is only about 10%, than I ever was in Galesburg summers - only 85, but 95% humidity. Cozumel in July is a lot like those old Galesburg Summers - 85 degrees, 95% humidity. You just need to keep hydrated and prepare to be covered in sweat. Between Dallas and Coz in July is the difference between a Sauna and a Steam Bath. And the crowds are pretty low the first two weeks in December. I've been to Cozumel a couple of times over Christmas and once from just after Christmas to just after New Years Day, and the crowds were a lot thicker - hard to even get a reservation unless you plan way ahead.

I had no idea it was that humid up north.......as Jimmy Fallon would say......."Ewwwwwww".

Let's see.... place with a pool.....

We liked Suites Bahia- it didn't have one.
We don't plan to stay at Sabor again, it had multiples.
Hotel Cozumel has a nice pool, but we'd have to factor in getting to the marina.

Or are you saying someone has a condo for rent?

More than the pool, I need the vacation time. But I like to have all my dreams lined up for when I'm ready to pull the trigger. Although Machu Picchu might win over Cozumel this year. Though I hear the diving sucks there.

Blue Angel? Great location, great views, nice pool, shore dives, dive op on site....if my wife didn't make me do AI - BA would be my 1st choice!

Back
Top Bottom