Time for an equipment upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he listed a console version. Obviously available as a watch, but that one happens to be console
Oh, ok thanks....no need for a console if one has a wrist computer. Just get a psi gauge...Save money and weight.

The only reason the sherwood is in there is because I need a 3xl bc, and its the only one I have found.
As for the Hog tech kit, I have looked at it, the local dive shop I use doesnt have the BC in stock, so I dont know if the xxl will fit me.

If you need a 3xl bc, then you should very seriously be looking at a bp/w

The Ocean Reef G. Diver mask with comms are the best that I have used, both as a diver, full face mask instructor, and public safety diver. There are some additional pieces I would highly recommend including Surface Air Valves (SAV) and quick connect hoses for both the FFMs and your octos.

The only reason the sherwood is in there is because I need a 3xl bc, and its the only one I have found.

As for the Hog tech kit, I have looked at it, the local dive shop I use doesnt have the BC in stock, so I dont know if the xxl will fit me.
Diver's Supply does actually offer a Hog kit without the BP/W for a little less money. Comes with a MARES Smart Pro wrist computer.
Scuba Regulator Package of the Month with Computer

The Ocean Reef G. Diver mask with comms are the best that I have used, both as a diver, full face mask instructor, and public safety diver. There are some additional pieces I would highly recommend including Surface Air Valves (SAV) and quick connect hoses for both the FFMs and your octos.
I've only used the Ocean Reef G. Diver myself, but I haven't had any reason to use any others. it does everything I need it to do and does it well. +1 on adding the things @Scubatude listed, as well as a directional exhaust on the bottom if the one you end up with doesn't already have it installed. $30 part that directs the exhaust bubbles to either side or both sides rather than in front of you. Might not seem like it would make a difference but it does. Also if you go this route, along with the QD hose and fitting (neither have to be the Ocean Reef brand - I use a MiFlex hose and XS Scuba QD) you might consider a ball swivel and longer hose so you can route the hose under your right arm and not have it sticking out to the side where it can possibly get hung up on something. If you look at my avatar, you can kinda see how it looks....at least the ball swivel anyway.

Man I appreciate the help. after speaking with the folks over at diver supply, I am going to go with this:
Scuba Gear Tech Diver Package includes Computer

if you're a 3x bcd, I would really recommend looking at a SS plate which will allow you to take about 6lbs off of your weight belt compared to the soft pack...

if you're a 3x bcd, I would really recommend looking at a SS plate which will allow you to take about 6lbs off of your weight belt compared to the soft pack...

I customized the build to include a SS plate and tank connector per diver supply’s recommendation.

I really appreciate the help and feedback fellas. It makes things so much easier.

I sent it to my wife and she liked it so much she asked about one for her, I was sure, but you gotta choose a new set up like the one I am getting or a full face mask lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom