Tiggrr and Zaphod go to Bonaire 3/7 - 3/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys sound just like me when I hear all about your vacations!! :)
Just payin back the love. Pics will probably come tomorrow. Have some work to do with the camera.

We're having a relaxing lunch right now before heading out to Witch's Hut. Just wanted to comment that Phil had the find of the whole trip. Doesn't matter the 100 things I showed him already.......we just got back from Windsock. We did 4 passes from 80ft, 50 ft, and 2 at 30 ft. The 2 at 30 ft were to look for the sea horses. I had my face stuffed in the reef and here comes Phil hitting my tank. A beautiful spotted Eagle Ray just driftin along......like a lazy Sunday.

Just for that, I may give up part of my share of the chocolate pudding.

Or maybe not.......:)

Thanks for all of the updates, it's such fun to read about your adventures. PLEASE if you find seahorses, please post where and depth, and potentially any other information to help us find them later. I may not be going until the end of June, but seahorses don't move that much, so if they're there now, they'll likely be there in a couple of months.

Gee, is it obvious I'm dying to find a seahorse!?! :wink: Good hunting, I hope you find BOTH!

tiggrr is spending so much time here, it makes me wonder, hmmmmmm. Did she really go to bonaire, or is she home with a bonaire video???

Hmmmmmmmmm.

why do you keep a "female only" B'days list??

why do you keep a "female only" B'days list??

off topic :hijack:

but I'll answer. First I was threatened with, "You better not forget my birthday" so I put it in my sig line so I'd never forget. Then the next one says, "Why isn't my birthday in there" so i added her, and the next one said the same, and so on, and so on. Bye Friday, I'll need three pages for my sig line.

Tiggrr, Your reports are fantastic. I've been following reports, comments and suggestions on this board for 3 months now and yours is the absolute best. I 'll be there in 1 1/2 weeks and cannot wait especially after reading your reports. Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next report.

^^^^Awwwww right on!! Thanx!!

Tonite was the UV night dive. I'm gonna have Phil explain the what and why. We did the dive at The Cliff located in Hamlet Oasis. The entry and exit sucked in the dark. That was the most I fell and had to have Phil help me get up. It sucked. I was in the middle of a washing machine. No reg in and I couldn't reach my inflator hose. That was my fault. The entry and exit still sucked. The rest of it was amazing.

As far as my personal dive, it took 1/2 the dive to get my bearings back and as we all know, buoyancy sucks when you are stressed.

Other than that, it was really cool to see all the things you don't normally see and quite literally, won't see without the light. And there is no searching for anything. Its all right there lit up. Tiny baby crabs, tiny baby shrimps, tiny fireworms, anenomes, and fireworms were crazy colors. We did about 40 minutes at 40 ft and about 20 in the shallows. I would love to have that light and just sit and have all the time in the world to peep out every little thing. I love macro.

Went to Capt'n Dons for dinner and had the Beef and Shrimp Fajitas. MMMMMMmmmmm
Sleepy now but, big day tomorrow.

Really glad so many of you are enjoying my reports. :)

tiggrr is spending so much time here, it makes me wonder, hmmmmmm. Did she really go to bonaire, or is she home with a bonaire video???

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I'm right behind you.

:stalker:

This evening we did a night dive with a guy called Bas, a Dutch guy running UV night dives.

I heard a couple of reports about this guy, and was looking forward to the Jimmy Hendrix underwater experience.

Every one was given a UV light, and a yellow filter which fitted over your regular mask.
There was a group of 5 divers, 6 with Bas

Shore entry was pretty exciting, once over the reef, we turned off our regular flash lights and dropped down.

It was awesome, if you where to look without the filter over the mask, you just see as if using a regular light, but with a violet glow, once you view thought the filter, you see only the fluorescent of the coral and other fluorescent life.

What was fascinating was that everything non fluorescent was basically invisible, it took me a few times moving the filter on an off the mask and using my regular flash light to orientate, after a few minutes I was comfortable and started to notice all the spectacular colour. A few times I would notice a silouette of a lobster, or tarpin as they passed over the bright florescent background.

Most of the dive was about 40-50 feet with bottom time 60 minutes

I would defiantly recommend a UV night dive, quite the experience.

Here is the guy's email if anyone is interested in doing this dive. It was $55.

bas@noij.com

And contrary to what Phil said, the entry was not exciting. It sucked. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom