Thursday's (5/6) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today was my first time back in the water since 4/19 due to a trip to California followed by a head cold brought back from California.

Yellowmargin Moray Eel
050604a.jpg

Manual Mode, F5.0, 1/125, Inon Strobe

Peacock Grouper
050604b.jpg

Manual Mode, F5.6, 1/100, Inon strobe

Gilligan:
Today was my first time back in the water since 4/19 due to a trip to California followed by a head cold brought back from California.

Yellowmargin Moray Eel
050604a.jpg

Manual Mode, F5.0, 1/125, Inon Strobe

Peacock Grouper
050604b.jpg

Manual Mode, F5.6, 1/100, Inon strobe
Great to have you back! Excellent as always - really like the eel's open mouth...looks like he isn't even underwater!

G,

Great to have you back and feeling better. Great pics as always. I love both of them. The gums of the Moray and the spots on the Peacock really jump out at me. :crafty:

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Welcome back to the world of wet! Also glad to hear that you are well again
Love the eel and lucky with the pecock....they are so shy.

Hope I can get wet again soon too.

Aloha,
Lisa

Now THAT's the way to get back in the water! Very cool Moray

great to have you back, G... wonderful pictures

Gilligan:
Great Shots! The gaping mouth moray pose looks like the Wolf eel shots that people diving in BC post.

Nice peacock! My husband had zero luck photographing those while we were visiting your neck of the woods... lots of pics of their rear ends. :)

Glad you're back home, so I can get my daily fix of Hawaii photos.

That is the only halfway decent pic of a Peacock Grouper that I have been able to get so far. They are one of the most "skittish" fish I have come across. I couldn't believe this one didn't bolt into the reef when I approached. I did only get one shot off before it did.
While they are prized as a good eating fish they are at the top of the list for ciguatera poisoning.

its great to see your pics again sir and i'm glad you are feeling better. i loved the way you told him to open wide and say AHHHHH. :)

steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom