Thursday 15th Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
I was changing clothes last night, and my husband was in the room. I asked him if he could notice a difference in my body. I told him to be honest (I believe this is where I made my mistake! :rofl3:). He looked at me from the front and says, "Honey, I think I see a difference... your b@@bs look bigger." HA! LOL Not what I was shooting for! LOL So I asked him if he noticed anything else... he says, "It's hard to tell, exactly where you're losing... you seem to be losing porportionately". So... I consider that a compliment. I turned to the side, and asked... he says, "Same thing, honey... you're losing porportionately!" Ok... so I turn around backwards... he says, "Well... I don't think your butt has as many dimples... and what's there isn't as profound!" :mooner: :rofl3: I was totally in shock! :rofl3: Is that a compliment to me, or a death wish for him??? :rofl3: I figure, I asked for it... he told! LOL

Yeah.. thats the answer my wife is giving me. "its proportional redistribution". I says "But, don't these pants make my butt look bigger now?" and she says "Noooo.. you just look re-proportioned!"

I'm remembering that for later on this year....

She has commented on the gym time giving me a bit of definite muscle tone that wasn't noticiable before, so I'll take that.

OF course, I get to comment on how round she is right now because she's preggy like CRAZY right now...

NWGratefulDiver:
Lost 1.6 lbs since last week's weigh-in ... I'm at 238.4 this morning. I'm on the high end of the tidal swing today ... I had hit 236 over the week-end, which was a new "low-tide" mark for me. But I ate a bit too well these last three days ... :D

Slowly, but surely ... every time the "tide" changes, the HT and LT marks are just a bit lower than the previous cycle ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
LOL!!! first thing I thought of after reading your post was....so much for global warming! :rofl3:

ER, too funny. Anytime you ask for honesty, expect to not be complimented. It's all good. Porpotionally smaller is OK. I am proportionally smaller too..
But I think I have been staring in the mirror too long and wondering when I will lose that flab....Like Cool Tech said.. body needs time to readjust. I think it's fighting for the fat look even though I have not put on any more weight... and am much more muscle toned. grrrhh

Colin and Jenny...

Proportionately smaller is fine by me! LOL I'll take what I can get. LOL I just couldn't help but laugh at Rod's responses.

Colin... most preggie bellies are really cute toward the middle and end of preggie time! Not to mention pregnant women have a "glow" about them. Of course... that "glow" tends to disappear in alot of ladies during the last few weeks... at that point we're praying to "get him/her out!!!!" LOL

Jenny... even when I lose what I want to lose, I think I'll always have "belly flab". Three abdominal surgeries kinda killed my muscle tone. I think back and remember when Rod and I met. I was 145 lbs... 5'8"... washboard belly, ahhhh... the days! Then life happens, and you wake up one day and look in the mirror and think... "what happened?" Well... for me, it was marraige, kids, stress, multiple surgeries (several orthopedic on knees and shoulder), and taking care of everyone except me. Now... I've added the "me" time and I'm much happier and healthier! It took me nearly 12 years to gain all the weight... but, it's gonna take much less to lose it! I'm gonna beat this dragon!

Global warming indeed ... I'm going to Coz in a few weeks ... probably experience a damn tsunami (weight-wise) while I'm there.

I'm content losing a pound or so a week ... it's the cardio stuff and overall fitness that concerns me more than the weight. The tech bug's biting me in a large way, and this helium addiction's gonna require me to be in at least the shape I was in before I stopped playing basketball about six years ago.

'Course, I'm also gonna need a third job to pay for it all ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

erparamedic:
......... "Same thing, honey... you're losing porportionately!" Ok... so I turn around backwards... he says, "Well... I don't think your butt has as many dimples... and what's there isn't as profound!" :mooner: :rofl3: I was totally in shock! :rofl3: Is that a compliment to me, or a death wish for him??? :rofl3: I figure, I asked for it... he told! LOL
CheddarChick:
Yikes!!! and on Valentines Day too boot. Mine said when asked if I looked different said " well they don't point down as much".....then ran for cover as I threw stuff at him...

hahahahaha - well your hubbys are still more romantic than mine!

a few months ago, when i asked hubby the same question as you, he response was "yes honey, because now when i give you a hug and i can reach right around and actually grab your assssss !"

men! im sure if they were boyfriends instead they would have put more effort in but as they are hubbys htey know they are on a sure thing!

:rofl3:

merxlin:
....On the other hand the belt is a notch closer (comfortably), so I guess its OK. :confused:

ABSOULTELY!!!!! if the scales arent rewarding you for all the GREAT WORK you are doing- you gotta look for other signs!

whether its zero lbs or 6lbs - we all gotta pat ourselves on the back for the great attitude and work we are doing!!!!

:wave-smil

almitywife:
men! im sure if they were boyfriends instead they would have put more effort in but as they are hubbys htey know they are on a sure thing!

:rofl3:
A local DJ was talking about that very subject last night ... something to the effect that boyfriends put a lot of money and effort into doing something special for Valentine's Day, hoping for an evening of fabulous (social interaction). Husbands, on the other hand, offer to wash the dishes ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

weight stayed the same as usual. Nothing new, move along now.

Good week for me....1.5lbs, I'm getting I believe to the part where fat will take much longer to fall off..getting close to my ideal weight. The hole I made in my belt a couple of weeks ago - is now well, useless! - time to make another hole!

This weeks weightin: 155.5lbs
Last weeks weight: 157.0lbs
Loss this week: 1.5lb
Total Loss to date: 59.5lbs
Target: 150lbs (+5.5lbs)

Anyone notice I now have my PADI Pro #? :D :eyebrow: This time next week I'll be a AI (Taking my time to do the OWSI and IE) - how freakin' cool is that!!!!! :14:

Roy - maybe its all that nitrox! air is fat free i hear :wink:

GO TRICKSTER!!!!! make sure you get plenty of rest, keep your fluids up and be nice to your partner! when hubby did his IE i felt like Dobbie the house elf. GOODLUCK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom