Thursday 15th Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
opps! nearly missed another thrusday...... im seriously loosing the plot!

this weeks results - 700grm loss or 1.5lbs!!

woohoooo - i really think the new E machine made a big difference to me so im going to keep gonig

so now to plow into a new week!!!

so hows eveyrone doing....... any valentine compliments to share???

im still AMAZED that the exercise challange is going on - you all inspire me to keep going each day so thank you!!!

so ringing the SB CHALLANGE BELL - come on everyone....

cheers and hugs to all

Not such a great week, lots of bloat, but the end result is no loss no gain, so I am going with that.

This week 0 lbs
This Challenge 6.2 lbs
Total 16.4 lbs

Still using the truck weigh station to weigh in.. no change. Took two trips to haul rear over here... Raced Fat Albert to the nearest health food store on a resupply 'mission' for malted chocolate and macadameia pistachio banana shakes.... I duno who got there first, but after being stuck in the door for an hour, watching waif thin 'health nuts' easily grace past in the playing card gap between my legs and the door frame, I decided that I needed 2 shakes to calm the anxiety...

All kidding aside, no change in weight.. 220, holding steady. I feel like I'm sailing or flying....

Up a little bit from last week. How much? I dunno as the scale is analog. Last week the needle was just "that side" of xxx and this week it is "this side" of the same black line. Jump start again on Monday. This weekend will be my Fat Tuesday!! Diving on Saturday, planning another 3mi run on Sunday and a huge feast Sunday night, then nothing till Saturday morning. Wish me luck!

This week's loss:
Down from 244 lbs (110.67 kgs) to 239 (108.41 kgs).

I am at goal + 59 lbs. (26.761 kgs) Whew, over the 50% hump

Total loss so far: 71 lbs (32.21 kgs).
===

This is the weight loss area where I expect to run into big plateaus. I was at this weight (225 - 235) for about 10 years. That fat is bound to be burned into my body as a thicker chunk to be broken down!

Also, I have lost so much weight in such a short time, my body needs time to adjust itself to the amount of weight lost. I've noticed in the past that the body loses the weight, and then takes time to adjust and redistribute for the new weight, before moving on to losing weight again.

For me, it is as important to measure, as it is to weigh-in. When you keep working at it, you will notice changes to your body measurements even when there is no weight loss. Those changes are as important as the weight loss itself.
===
I am currently documenting and recording all of this.

I am thinking of writing a book, "Fat To Fit, How I Did It!" (I understand diet and fitness books sell pretty well... lol). I have the outline completed, now I just have to get to the "Fit" part!
===
Jenny, good luck!

Lost 1.6 lbs since last week's weigh-in ... I'm at 238.4 this morning. I'm on the high end of the tidal swing today ... I had hit 236 over the week-end, which was a new "low-tide" mark for me. But I ate a bit too well these last three days ... :D

Slowly, but surely ... every time the "tide" changes, the HT and LT marks are just a bit lower than the previous cycle ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well put me down for 2#. 208-206. I have to get this weight off, I need to fit into my wetsuit!

doghouse:
Well put me down for 2#. 208-206. I have to get this weight off, I need to fit into my wetsuit!

Speaking of wetsuits, it might be nice to get into my 7m again someday then I can actually dive in water that is colder then 65 and be comfortable. I currently avoid those types of temps.

Everyone is doing a GREAT job! I'm so inspired by all of you... and the positive attitudes are so refreshing! :)

Last week, I was still within the "plateau" but slowly inching toward the edge. Well... I broke my plateau, and I thank everyone here for keeping me motivated to get thru it! This week, I've lost weight with a vengeance! It just seems to have "melted away" this week.... not sure how, but I'm happy!:D

Start weight for the challenge- 278.4
Last Weeks weigh in- 277.4
Today's weight- 268.7
Total weight loss for the challenge- 9.7 lbs!
Oh.... soooooooo close! LOL
Total weight loss to date- 36.3 lbs

I admit... I weighed 4 times this morning to see if the weight was correct, or if it would show that extra 0.3 lbs loss! Hahaha! No dice! LOL :rofl3: (You can't "cheat" on the scales that I have... it senses how your weight is distributed, and when you're standing "evenly" then it shows a diamond, then weighs.)

Almity asked about Valentine compliments... and I'll swallow my pride and tell. I'm not sure that this is a compliment! rofl3:

I was changing clothes last night, and my husband was in the room. I asked him if he could notice a difference in my body. I told him to be honest (I believe this is where I made my mistake! :rofl3:). He looked at me from the front and says, "Honey, I think I see a difference... your b@@bs look bigger." HA! LOL Not what I was shooting for! LOL So I asked him if he noticed anything else... he says, "It's hard to tell, exactly where you're losing... you seem to be losing porportionately". So... I consider that a compliment. I turned to the side, and asked... he says, "Same thing, honey... you're losing porportionately!" Ok... so I turn around backwards... he says, "Well... I don't think your butt has as many dimples... and what's there isn't as profound!" :mooner: :rofl3: I was totally in shock! :rofl3: Is that a compliment to me, or a death wish for him??? :rofl3: I figure, I asked for it... he told! LOL

-2.5 pounds
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom