Thur 1st Feb weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf:
I couldn't weigh in yesterday but I just did today and I'm down 2 lbs from last week.

I'm looking at this as a long term thing, though. I would like to see quick weight loss but I know that isn't good for me.

To those sugar addicts: try to give it up for 2 weeks. Give up even the artificial stuff. You will find your cravings disappear (at least I did) and your palate no longer enjoys it as much. If you substitute artificial, you really aren't breaking the addiction (in my case it was in my head). You may be taking in less calories (and that is always good) but you really aren't breaking your habit (as in "I NEED it").

If you can give it up for two weeks, go for a month. By then, start adding in the artificial sweeteners and then, when once in a while, you have a bite of dessert, you won't feel you have to eat the entire thing. This is what has worked for me, anyway.
Spot on! Right on the money there! I agree 100%. That is why I had to give up Coffee. I put sugar in it. Set myself up for diaster every day, no matter how hard I tried. But when you give it up, your taste buds change and you no longer crave sweets. Kinda weird, but you are right. I remember when I had my first piece of chocolate. It was a small piece and it satisfied me, I didn't need a candy bar. Of course, once I started, I had to work again to get back off.

Scuba_Jenny:
.....once I started, I had to work again to get back off.

hi, my name is lorraine and its been 3hrs since my last chocolate!!!

well im off to go meet n greet my canadian SB'er!!!! im VERY excited about taking him diving tomorrow!

Welcome Lorraine to CA. Chocolate Anonymous, Now Heres the steps.
Step 1.. We admitted we are powerless over chocolate.....

Jenny... :no there is NO such thing as a Chocolate Addict... just doesn't exist... nope... I won't hear it... so what if I can't go three hours without a piece of chocolate... that is perfectly normal!!!!!! :rofl3:

OK.. I weighed myself on Feb 1st, in the morning and I am happy to say I have lost 1.2 lbs. from last week!!! Yippee... :jump:

I think I have found a disturbing pattern... I lose 3-4 lbs one week, the next gain back 1 lb, the third week stay steady and neither gain nor lose, then the 4th week I lose another lb or so. I DO NOT like this pattern... it is frustrating! :(

The ONLY positive note, is at least, over the long haul, I am still losing... :wink:

Angel: Welcome aboard the roller coaster. Yippee!! i lost 1.5 pounds this am...Just in time to go out today and be wined & dined by my carpet supplier.. WooHOOO UW Basketball game!!!! Go Bucky!!!

I was down a bit today as well, but am holding off since I am going out to dinner tonight, hopefully there won't be too much damage and backsliding tomorrow morning.

I think that's true about the sugar cravings. I really don't get them much anymore and I am a chocolholic. I did buy a bag of dark chocolate m&m's yesterday. Put them in the candy jar for my son. I did dig into them late last night but I checked the calorie count on those things and MAN, that kept me in control. 210 for 1/4 cup!!! Life is soo unfair.
I couldn't believe it when I got on the scale this moring. I was down another .5 lbs. I hope this wasn't just one of those fluctuation things though, like SoCalAngel describes. I get the same thing, but I still attribute the gains to normal weight fluctuations and have learned not to let it bother me IF I know my food intake has been good.

One of my biggest cravings though is salty things. I love SALT!!

I'm not touching the scale until Thursday now. Out at the hockey game on Saturday and then a Superbowl party last night. I've eaten enough bad food in the last two days to last me until summer!

I am so not stepping on the scale either! I drank WAY too many calories yesterday... don't remember if I actually ate anything or not... but I know I sure did drink!!

My rollercoaster isn't a daily one. It is a weekly one... which really bugs me. I don't get on the scale daily...it would drive me nuts!

ok wining and dining made me gain back my finally lost 1 pound advantage from last week. Back on the straight & Narrow!!! Only a month and 2 days till Curacao!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom