Thur 1st Feb weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know, I've lost 5 lbs since the beginning of January. Not too bad, huh?

That bad thing is, I could gain 3 of them back in 1 day!!!

I hear that loud and clear......Up 2 Down 2 Up 2 Down 2Up 2 Down 2Up 2 Down 2Up 2 Down 2

hahahaha - thats why my offical weighins are only once per week because the up and down drives me nuts

Fairy you are blowing me away!

I couldn't weigh in yesterday but I just did today and I'm down 2 lbs from last week.

I'm looking at this as a long term thing, though. I would like to see quick weight loss but I know that isn't good for me.

To those sugar addicts: try to give it up for 2 weeks. Give up even the artificial stuff. You will find your cravings disappear (at least I did) and your palate no longer enjoys it as much. If you substitute artificial, you really aren't breaking the addiction (in my case it was in my head). You may be taking in less calories (and that is always good) but you really aren't breaking your habit (as in "I NEED it").

If you can give it up for two weeks, go for a month. By then, start adding in the artificial sweeteners and then, when once in a while, you have a bite of dessert, you won't feel you have to eat the entire thing. This is what has worked for me, anyway.

:( NOW i read sea mfs post!!!

I JUST HAD A COKE AND CHOCOLATE!!!! my first coke since may 8th

why... emotional of course!

its saturday and im really resentful about being stuck in the office so i thought to heck iwth it

and you know what

it wasnt that nice really

very sweet and abrassive on my throat (the coke, not hte choc of course :D)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

well im going to tell myself to detox NOW and get back on with what i know works best for me and my health

bugger

almitywife:
:( NOW i read sea mfs post!!!

I JUST HAD A COKE AND CHOCOLATE!!!! my first coke since may 8th

why... emotional of course!

its saturday and im really resentful about being stuck in the office so i thought to heck iwth it

and you know what

it wasnt that nice really

very sweet and abrassive on my throat (the coke, not hte choc of course :D)

This proves my theory. Our brain remembers that sugar tastes great. But once we get off of it, our taste buds tell us "well - just so-so". Our taste buds can re-train our mind if we work with it slowly.

Go off the sugar for another 2 weeks. Then try a small piece of chocolate (or something you like) and see if it isn't as satisfying as you remembered.

One more thing. My problem was never one of hunger. I'm convinced my problem was emotional eating. If I'm stressed (as in work related . . .) I find that I want something terrible for me in order to make me feel comforted. Now that I'm aware of it, I can resist it. I have to train myself to want some other kind of comfort in those situations. I'm thinking of kicking my boss's ***** instead. That might comfort me.

Back
Top Bottom