Thumbs Down Sherwood SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

like i said, i love my old sherwoods but i dont like if there is NO contact for the company other than online

to be honest - there isnt a huge sherwood range on the east here. i think a shop sells them in perth but you just do not see them in sydney shops that i frequent. i use to have trouble getting servicing (now found a great guy) and i actually bought them a life time ago direct from the distributor and he no longer handles that range so there really isnt anyone for me to talk to if i was going to (but like i said-touch wood my regs are FAB!)

what i guess im trying to say is that companies need to listen to their customers, and if the complete removal of all contact other than online contact is a concern to its customers then it needs to give that some respect

The thing to keep in mind, is sherwood actually makes very little of their gear. Most of it comes from other manufacturers and is re-branded. If you look at a Sherwood Wisdom computer, you will see it looks very close to an Oceanic or Aeris... for good reason.

And there are multiple distributors of Sherwood / Genesis / Akona. We deal with several of them, as some distribute some of the products, and others distribute different products... kind of strange... but it seems to work.

We don't have a problem with any service issues - they just have a slightly strange setup compared to the other companies, but after you have the system down - it's not hard to get things done.

We have had no problems getting warranty work done, or products replaced when needed.

Dive Right In Scuba:
I think its a stretch to try and bash a company due to them not taking mail in Warranty cards....

That is just about the dumbest thing I have ever seen said on SB by a dealer. Not THE dumbest, but right up there.

I know you are a Sherwood dealer and just trying to stand up for them. I actually love the Sherwood/Genesis/Akona equipment I own. However the Wisdom computer is less than a year old and it was not old stock at the dealer. IE the dealer had just got in an order of 10 computers that I bought 1 of. So, why was a 3 year old warranty card in the box 9 months old (at most) from the dealer?

Dive Right In Scuba:
I think a warranty card is alot easier to fill out and do online versus mailing it. It starts that day and I know it got done versus wondering if it got lost in the mail.....that would give me piece of mind......just my boring $.02 :wink: cards....

Which, if you can read, you would have seen I said I mailed it CERTIFIED. I'm sorry but a company that makes make believe warrranty cards doesn't instill faith in me that the website is legit. Yea yea I know, reputable company yada yada yada. Still, it does give me pause.

I went back and found my post, to this forum, back when I had the problem. It was actually 9 months ago. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=167442

Now, having said that, I do love my Wisdom computer and GS2000 regs. I think the GS2000 is the best reg I have ever owned outbreathing the Apek XTX200, hands down, that I use on my doubles.

Maule:
I went back and found my post, to this forum, back when I had the problem. It was actually 9 months ago. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=167442

Now, having said that, I do love my Wisdom computer and GS2000 regs. I think the GS2000 is the best reg I have ever owned outbreathing the Apek XTX200, hands down, that I use on my doubles.

Don't know if you are aware of it... but you actually have 2 oceanic products there. That's why many times when people are looking at an item, I try to steer them toward the actual manufacturer as any warranty issues are normally faster to solve as you don't have to wait for one vendor to ship to another, who then sends it to the manufacturer and then back through the chain.

scubatoys:
Don't know if you are aware of it... but you actually have 2 oceanic products there. That's why many times when people are looking at an item, I try to steer them toward the actual manufacturer as any warranty issues are normally faster to solve as you don't have to wait for one vendor to ship to another, who then sends it to the manufacturer and then back through the chain.

Yep, and I believe that US Divers use to make their older stuff before Oceanic did...Is this right Larry? They all looked like Conshelfs...

I am really sorry folks, that the perception is that we are hiding behind something. We are not. We choose to operate our business through our network of Authorized Dealers. They are the lifeblood of our sport. Without them, we all suffer.

Our corporate headquarters is:

Sherwood Scuba
1641 E. St. Andrew Place
Santa Ana, CA

I hope this gives everyone some comfort.

Sherwood Scuba

Maule:
That is just about the dumbest thing I have ever seen said on SB by a dealer. Not THE dumbest, but right up there.

I know you are a Sherwood dealer and just trying to stand up for them. I actually love the Sherwood/Genesis/Akona equipment I own. However the Wisdom computer is less than a year old and it was not old stock at the dealer. IE the dealer had just got in an order of 10 computers that I bought 1 of. So, why was a 3 year old warranty card in the box 9 months old (at most) from the dealer?

Which, if you can read, you would have seen I said I mailed it CERTIFIED. I'm sorry but a company that makes make believe warrranty cards doesn't instill faith in me that the website is legit. Yea yea I know, reputable company yada yada yada. Still, it does give me pause.

Why is that so dumb of a statement? Maybe you dont agree with it, and think a Manufacturer should be bashed because they only do online warranty cards, but I dont think my statement was that dumb. Maybe you had a bad gas mix in your last tank:wink:

As for certified mail, I do understant that, but whats wrong with just filling it out online? WOuldnt it have been easier to just go to your computer and type in the info rather than taking the time to get a certified piece of mail to them?

Sorry if you think my ramblings are the dumbest things on scubaboard, but I do stand behind what I sell, thats why I sell it and I think that in this thread they are getting bad rep for no reason.......

I don't see what the problem is either. :confused: In the past, whenever I've had an issue with any piece of equipment I've gone back to the dive shop and let them take care of it whether it was replacing the equipment or sending it to the manufacturer.

I equate this issue as being the same as if I had a problem with a pair of shoes, I would go to the store in which I purchased them; I wouldn't call Nike's Corporate Office or their distributor.

Back
Top Bottom