Three Tank AAA Weekend Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am glad I fought the urge to sleep in and get my sorry butt out of bed! Stellar weather and the company was tops. Captain Okole (Alex) gives us some fantastic weekend days where we do three dives and take our time. Our first attempt at the YO257 was a no go, as the current a bit stronger than we wanted for our group of thrill seekers.

We motored over to the deep end of Kewalo pipe (better than it sounds) where we were met with great viz. The divers found a shark pup which was about two feet long and adorable!

Dive two was a deep dive back at the Sea Tiger.... light/moderate current but everyone did great., exploring and taking pictures. A couple folks got their Advanced finished up with Kirsten, who went over various skills.
The lighting was amazing, as usual, and techster Chris toured guests through a portion of the ship.

Cheryl, Alex's girl in from LA was the "perfect buddy"...so glad to have a fresh one!..buddy that is.
Turns out she models just fine, must be that Pilates instructor thing. Her body always seemed "organized" and she would actually pose! like I asked her to.

I had a bit of deco time--8 minutes and even though I love mouthing off about "solo", now, I wanted some company. I showed Chris my computer and since he never changes his expression, it was hard to tell, but he gave me a nod meaning he would stay with me and keep the boogie man away. So here we were just the two of us and Chris tugs my fins. Big manta, really pretty, black with white shoulder markings cruises gracefully by. I dive for those moments! I started to drop down, camera in tow and I turned to look at Chris, who had his "lady don't even think about it" look, and a slight shift in body posture which was not a favorable sign. So, my picture is not so great....but at least I fired one off.

Since the divers want to see the images, I just posted the link to the slide show, since too many pics!

Aloha! http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaN2rdm0aNFI3A

Big mahalo Alex, for hosting my dive and having a great group of guests. Cheryl...don't know how he nabbed you but we all hope you stick around!

Very, very cool! Those motorcycles were so clear it's as if they weren't underwater at all!

Seriously, I'll ask you the same thing I asked Leesa. Do you sell any of your prints?

If you want something, just tell me which, I can e-mail you an attachment.

The bikes were just parked at our luch spot....

Yes, you were the only thing missing....but then you would have gotten better pics.

AAA diving has a good special. Free nitrox if you dive one week.

Reminds me, when JB and I went to Palau this last time, I had seen Sam's Nitrox

special in a mag. Free nitorx for 7 days would be a lot, at $12/tank. My tip is, when

planning vacation dives, ALWAYS ask them to throw in Nitrox, because it is not an

expensive item for them to "give" you, and they will almost always say yes.

The Elysium has never been better... Spacious, comfortable dive boat and he can zip

to almost any site very quickly. He never books the boat to capacity for the three

dives because of the number of tanks needed, so it is very nice.

what kind of a profile do you dive for the Sea Tiger (I assume that was the wreck in the pics)?

Aloha, Tim

yikes. They did three dives, I opted to do the two wrecks, 127 and 116.

I just follow my Suunto to be honest, they say it is very conservative. I had 8 minutes of deco on my last dive and was the last one out. The clients were advised to not go to the bottom but to stay at deck level. (they were with a great instructor, Kirsten)

I penetrated and went to the bottom for a wreck angle, so that is why I incurred the debt, which does not worry me because I always have plenty of air left. I am very slow on th ascent line and sent my "buddy" up earlier with Kirsten. I opted to not drop when the manta showed up, but if I was not in deco, I would have.

We took long surface intervals but knew we were pushing it with three dives, I personally opted to skip the first dive so that I would not have to play it too close.

Sea Tiger was dive number two, YO257 max depth around 100 ft X 25 min.

here is what I show...

#1 60 ft 30-35 min 80 min SI

#2 Sea Tiger MD 110 ft (other divers) 18 minutes Multi level, 3 min stop. one hour twenty minutes SI

#3 YO257 MD 103 ft BT 25 min and he gave them an 8 min "safety stop". Which technically is a deco stop I guess.

Now you can tell me where we screwed up! Like I said, I opted for just two.

Wow, the one towards the end with the wreck and the mooring ball is spectacular! I would guess that is the YO, since I don't remember seeing that mooring on your Sea Tiger pictures. Great work. I'm stunned by the vis out there.

I must admit that I'm now confused and conflicted between the dark, low vis freshwater wrecks and these bright, clear saltwater ones.

very funny.

Come on out...Leesa and I will show you around.

Can you check my profiles please? Do you have a suunto? I need somebody to walk me through the profile. Time to start actually looking at my profiles I guess.

Good eye do it easy :D the first wreck pictures were from the Sea Tiger and the second wreck is the YO and the big mooring ball is there, infact this is a small one compared to the one the had on it before. That was about half the size bigger...we think it might have rusted thru and sunk, because it was suddenly gone.

Back
Top Bottom