Three Tank AAA Weekend Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat:
Catherine,
Great pictures!!

When you look at your profiles, what was your average depth until you began your ascent on your dives? That then look at the tables for that and that should give you an idea of how much deco you really incurred.
It's hard to tell without the average depths, but, assuming a square profile, the dive on the YO would be off the PADI charts regardless of surface interval and residual nitrogen.

I think the Suunto uses RBGM of some flavor and it will track the average depth and nitrogen loading. Since it gave her an 8 minute stop, she was off the NDL charts that the Suunto uses.

Now we get into the gray area of deco obligations and the risk associated with them...

thanks fellas. Does not PADI say you can reverse profile, multilevel on computer?

(The other divers, not me.)

Onfloat, does my Suunto give the average depth? I think it does. When JB comes home he can start uploading the profiles, that will be a good job for him.

how much deco you really incurred.

can I not assume that will be less than the stop the Suunto assigned me?

catherine96821:
thanks fellas. Does not PADI say you can reverse profile, multilevel on computer?

(The other divers, not me.)

Onfloat, does my Suunto give the average depth? Yes it does, but it includes your ascent.I think it does. When JB comes home he can start uploading the profiles, that will be a good job for him.

can I not assume that will be less than the stop the Suunto assigned me?It should be, but heck that's half the fun of analyzing your dive.

:coffee:

Well, looks like I am going to have to get some bifocals then.

I tend to forget how short a BT you have on those deeper dives, especially when they are square profiles (even when you "do" incur a lil' bit of deco) ... I've gotten spoilt on all these shore dives with a max depth of 40ft... I think the only "deepish" square profile I've done has been the St. Anthony Wreck off of Kihei - even diving the Backwall of Molokini is a multi-level dive that can give you 45-60 min. of BT.

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us shore divers Catherine - amazing all the variety there is just diving here in Hawaii.

Aloha, Tim

I gave up at even looking at my puter when I did the back wall. According to it I was well past dead. I just want it to keep track of things, I can do the rest.
Ummm, what happened to Evelyn?

It was 18 and I spent 3 minutes decoing....I type mush bedder badly now.....

Ummm, what happened to Evelyn?

she is in exile. we need a code name for her... what was that woman's name in "Something about Mary?".

His GF is here, amazingly cute and nice, don't know how he did that... (I tell him too)

yea, a certain TDI somebody was telling me about getting into 93 minutes of deco, doing half of it (20 min actually) on 100% and then blowing the rest of it off, breathing 100% and drinking a six pack on the ride back. It is always reassuring to hear men talking about alcohol being the "deco elixir".....disturbing...Thats Florida boys for ya. I feel so conservative around them. One method: see if they live, take what they do, and cut it in half. I am joking of course....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom