Three Dives You'd Take Your Out Of State Friends On

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you could only pick three dives to take your out of state friends on, what would you choose if proximity were not a factor?

For the sake of discussion, assume they are interested in salt and fresh diving, and everything from hunting sharks teeth to diving with manatees.

1) Blue Heron Bridge
2) Jupiter Wreck Trek or Tunnels
3) The Danny (and nearby Atlantis) or The Mizpah corridor wrecks

in fact these sites ARE where i take out of towners.

If you could only pick three dives

1. Jupiter Tunnels for all the sharks
2. Flower Gardens WPB cause you can't see the reef with so many fish
3. Spiegel Grove Key Largo because,,,,,it's just wow huge !

1) Any of the SE Florida wrecks where Goliath Grouper aggregate: Jupiter Wreck Trek, MG-111, Castor, Mizpah, etc

2) If you like macro life: Blue Heron Bridge is a world class muck dive. If you don't care about macro life: then one of the big wrecks in the Keys just because they are so impressive: Spiegle Grove, Vandenberg, Duane, etc.

3) Any drift dive on a SE Florida reef: the time of year when turtles are present in great numbers and the time of year when Lemon sharks migrate are particularly exciting

LBTS.........Cpt Dan Wreck.....Molasses Reef

Jupiter is a different proposition based on time of year. I went during the Goliath grouper aggregation, and for that, the Zion Wreck Trek or MG-111 were the sites to hit. The lemon shark aggregation would be interesting. Do they like deep ledge drift diving looking for big stuff.

Haven't done Blue Heron Bridge; it's legendary on the forum. Do they like muck diving for small things?

The Spiegel Grove is a nice wreck, and a shot with the flag a nice keepsake photo if someone gets a good one of you, but it's a really deep dive, thus not all that long. Do they like wreck dives?

Richard.

Jupiter is a different proposition based on time of year. I went during the Goliath grouper aggregation, and for that, the Zion Wreck Trek or MG-111 were the sites to hit. The lemon shark aggregation would be interesting. Do they like deep ledge drift diving looking for big stuff.

Haven't done Blue Heron Bridge; it's legendary on the forum. Do they like muck diving for small things?

The Spiegel Grove is a nice wreck, and a shot with the flag a nice keepsake photo if someone gets a good one of you, but it's a really deep dive, thus not all that long. Do they like wreck dives?

Richard.

Let's say "they" are recreational divers i.e. no deco, wreck penetration or cave diving. They like drift diving, muck diving, wreck diving and deep diving if there is something worth seeing.

My wife are going to be doing a few dives over the next couple weeks and had never heard of many of the suggested dives, so this is lots of fun. Thanks for the replies!

I just did a dive trip last month in FL.

Dove with Stuart Dive Center (with Sheeper as my guide) at Julie's Reef and Tunnels. I enjoyed both even though the current pushed us off the reef on the second dive. If you can get Sheeper as a guide, highly recommend him.

Also, dove with Pompano Dive Center and we dove United Caribbean, Ancient Mariner, and Sea Emperor. I enjoyed the United Caribbean and Ancient Mariner. Sea Emperor was ok.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom