Thoughts on Boots....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would NOT like fixed boots. That was one of the reasons that I got rid of my Mobbys.

I was hoping to get diver opinions on boots....

When wearing boots what is most important to you (feel free to choose all that apply):

A. A good solid sole (like our evo III's)
B. Low profile so I don't have to buy new fins
C. Attached to my suit.
D. Easy to put on after donning my drysuit

Assuming you own a Fusion, and we had a boot you liked that could be attached semi permanently (with a retro fit) or not attached, how likely would you be to send your suit back for the retrofit?

This is all hypothetical of course.....

Until the Next Dive,

Tyler

For me, the most important thing was B. I didn't want to have to buy new fins, as I like my Jets. At first I tried using 5mm neoprene booties, which worked, but were a bit "loose" when walking any distance to get into the water, and seemed to allow air to get into my feet pockets fairly easily. I ended up getting some Converse Chuck Taylors, which seem to work well. They are not optimal for walking on pointy rocks, but they fit in my Jets. I have to be careful when putting them on though, as they are difficult to get into, and I can get a "fold" which can be painful. They are also a fairly tight fit, and a struggle to get off. In fact, I'm not sure I can get them off in water if diving off a boat.

I would certainly consider sending my suit in to be retrofitted. The likelihood of actually doing so would depend on the actual features/benefits the boot offered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom