Thoughts about scuba.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elenion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking to buy two Genesis BC's from scuba.com. Anybody have reservations about buying from them? They certainly have great prices.

I bought an Akona hooded vest from them. Size chart was way off, didn't even come close to fitting. Called them up, the return form was actually on the back of the invoice. Sent the vest back, had a full refund to my CC the day they received it. I couldn't have been happier. I've had to deal with returns for many online retailers, and they were by far the easiest to deal with. Mind you, the vest was never used, so it still had the tags and original packaging but still the easiest return I've ever done...

My 2 cents anyhow...

I've bought from them. No problems other than they use FedEx for delivery and FedEx seems to get lost coming to my house.

I've even returned wetsuits for size exchanges with no problems.

I've bought several things from them, albeit always in person from their local showroom. They're authorized dealers for all the products that the carry. The staff is very knowledgably and friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

My wife and I have ordered most all of our dive equipment from them....excellent prices and service.

I bought one item from them, and the one thing I know is that they spam the heck out of you once you are on their list...

I got what I ordered, though, and in a reasonable timeframe. I pretty exclusively use ScubaToys now, though. Cheers! :D

Have done a couple of orders with them. They were a bit slow in the processing end of things compared to other retail outfits (like Amazon, Lands' End, LeisurePro).

They do have a user friendly site, and do have some odds and ends in the misc. catagory which others do not.

Yes, they will send you tons of junk e-mail along the way.

Prices are ok, but not as cheap as LeisurePro.

Scubamax

Either the spam mail has slacked off recently or they misplaced my e-mail. I have placed a couple of orders from them in the past couple of months, too.

As others have said, their prices are good, their products are good, but their processing and shipping is slooooooooooooow. If you're not in a hurry, go ahead. Or, you can just call ScubaToys, and get everything scuba.com has, at the same or better prices, and waaaay better service plus quicker shipping. Your call.

Back
Top Bottom