Thoughts about DIR-F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a buddy of mine said after our DIR-F class:

Tired legs, sore back, bruised ego. It must be Monday after Fundamentals.

bcsean:
I did end up passing the course, and look forward to taking more training through GUE.

I seriously dislike you!!! Just kidding. Congratulations, nice job,sounds like your hard work paid off. :D

I guess I'll get my 2 bubbles in as well...I still think the best part was doing the swim in OW(we gotta do something about those underwater pillars eh sean).
I have also had some time to let it sink in and realized how much the course showed me my weaknesses and what I need to work on to become a dive ninja. Thanks Bill for providing that O-ring failure, it added a certain suprise element to our day. I hope to dive with you all again, maybe we might have better than 4 ft vis for an ascent/decent drill :) wouldn't that be something...
I learned a lot about the gas "rules" and really like the simplicity of the calculations (easy to do on the fly).

doing a underwater swimming breathold in near 0' vis is kinda sketchy when in the shallows. I think those pillars could stand to be removed. Just glad my hands were in front of me.

For ever working on becoming a true "dive ninja".

Kinda curious how y'all did an underwater swim in OW ... drysuit and weightbelt?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

bathing suit and goggles. Just ducked under the surface and went as far as we could. It was just off of shore.

BRRRRRR ... the water is about 52 degrees Farenheit right now !!!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
BRRRRRR ... the water is about 52 degrees Farenheit right now !!!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I did my DIR-F in March.. in water of 4 C celsius (which is 39 degrees Fahrenheit). It is not much fun to do 5 dives on a day and remove your mask at those temperatures...
Fortunately we had a GUE instructor to keep us busy ";-)

I don't mind removing my mask in cold water ... removing my exposure suit, however, is a whole 'nother matter ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom