those who have taken tech1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Practice all your fundamentals skills til you can do them without thinking. (Remember that your Tech 1 buoyancy window is +/- 2 feet, versus fundies +/- 3.5feet.)

Practice doing everything with your goodman handle in your hand, and not having light saber effects. This includes value drills.

Practice buoyancy and trim while doing anything to task load yourself, tic tack toe on wetnotes even.

Do valve drill and sdrill at the start of every dive... know how long it takes you to do this, and aim to get it to under 2 minutes per team member. (ie 3 man team = 6 minutes at beginning of dive). Oh yeah, and do it shallow, 20' is hard, 10' is harder.

IMHO, if you have your buoyancy, trim and basic fundies skills (even without the light) nailed down, everything else can be taught. If you buoyancy is shaky adding any additional task loading (reel, stage, light, mock emergencies) will make life miserable.

Don't stress and come to learn!

mer:
Practice all your fundamentals skills til you can do them without thinking. (Remember that your Tech 1 buoyancy window is +/- 2 feet, versus fundies +/- 3.5feet.)

Practice doing everything with your goodman handle in your hand, and not having light saber effects. This includes value drills.

Practice buoyancy and trim while doing anything to task load yourself, tic tack toe on wetnotes even.

Do valve drill and sdrill at the start of every dive... know how long it takes you to do this, and aim to get it to under 2 minutes per team member. (ie 3 man team = 6 minutes at beginning of dive). Oh yeah, and do it shallow, 20' is hard, 10' is harder.

And practice all of the above without a mask. Quoting a Tech 1 instructor "during tech 1, a mask is optional" ":)

coralcuts:
You havew Maciek helping you and I have not been able to join you for a substantial amount of time. So I expect great things of you when finally I can join in the fun!

great things from us? Ha :) we will see I guess -- we might need more than one try to get this thing done.

I might be able to join you this saturday if things arrange themselves and Frank wants to work in some trim/bouyancy work if his schedules coincides. I could use a little drill/skill practice as it has been a month or more. Snuck in some line work this last weekend with the wreck class. Remember, no matter how hard you practice, they will see your weakness and pounce on it! :wink:

coralcuts:
I might be able to join you this saturday if things arrange themselves and Frank wants to work in some trim/bouyancy work if his schedules coincides. I could use a little drill/skill practice as it has been a month or more. Snuck in some line work this last weekend with the wreck class. Remember, no matter how hard you practice, they will see your weakness and pounce on it! :wink:

Yes -- it will take about 2 microseconds for Gideon to see my flaws!
Ask Maciek how my reel-work went last time out!
On the plus side, we did a stage mini with AG this weekend and that helped some (and gave us some stuff to work on)

Spoon:
im still weighing my options. just completed my csu with andi and was planning on taking the TSD and Trimix courses with em as well but gue's tech1 course is really appealing to me. i may well take the plunge
Can you explain why in this forum or can you PM me? I have been leaning toward some ANDI courses.

coralcuts:
Remember, no matter how hard you practice, they will see your weakness and pounce on it! :wink:

i know what you mean! been practicing with my doubles and am pretty confident with my skills. its been over a year since my fundies and i think i am ready. only thing i see a problem with is doing the skills with goodman handle. i got my light less than a month ago and have probably done 6 dives on it. i feel extremely akward with it. ising stowing it on the chest d rings acceptable?

Spoon:
ising stowing it on the chest d rings acceptable?
I'm afraid not. Descend, V-drill, S-drill, reeling, etc. with light deployed; ascend, gas switch, SMB deployment with stowed light.

MonkSeal:
I'm afraid not. Descend, V-drill, S-drill, reeling, etc. with light deployed; ascend, gas switch, SMB deployment with stowed light.

how about tranferring the deployed light to the right hand while performing skills?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom